• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

X100 No Flash in Silent Mode Anymore?

X100

Best Answer Flood , 04 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

Turn off silent mode, then turn off all the sounds and lights. Voila, flash works again. That's how it always was. Go to the full post

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eightysevens

Eightysevens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 04:15 PM
  • LocationLondon, U.K.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Does anyone know if Fuji will be re-updating the latest X100 firmware to allow flash to operate in silent mode again?

It's so time consuming having to disable silent mode every time I want to use the flash and vice versa. It is seriously curtailing my enjoyment of using this beautiful camera. But mainly I really dislike the sounds. I have no idea why it's designed to make pre-recorded samples of other cameras operating anyway? Surely that just eats up that little bit more battery.

I emailed Fuji a couple of weeks ago, they never replied to the ticket.

Otherwise, does anyone have a link to roll back the firmware to the previous version?

Thanks.

p.s. I did try finding this in the forum but had no luck, I'm a newby here and can't find the search window.

#2 Flood

Flood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Local time: 06:15 PM

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:32 PM   Best Answer

Turn off silent mode, then turn off all the sounds and lights. Voila, flash works again. That's how it always was.
  • Richard_R and koorelle like this

#3 Eightysevens

Eightysevens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 04:15 PM
  • LocationLondon, U.K.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for the workaround, but my flash used to work on silent mode. Now silent mode serves no purpose.

#4 koorelle

koorelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Local time: 06:15 PM
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

Maybe after new firmware update things changed.

#5 GDRoth

GDRoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Local time: 12:15 PM
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

If you do what flood says you still won't have any noise

Fuji X100S, Fuji X-E2 with 10-24mm and 18-55mm  - Lightroom 5.5 and Photoshop CS5

My Flickr Gallery

#6 hockeymagnet

hockeymagnet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

Thanks for the workaround, but my flash used to work on silent mode. Now silent mode serves no purpose.

Silent mode allows you to QUICKLY change to completely silent mode (no flash, no shutter sound, no focus assist, no focus confirmation), no matter what other settings you are using - so it does serve a purpose. If you disable all sounds and focus assist indivdually as has been suggested, then the only purpose it serves for you is to quickly disable the flash but most users have some sounds enabled such as focus confirmation, etc. Although I have a X100S, I think they work the same and I highly doubt you would want to roll back the firmware just for this. If it's just the sounds that bug you, just turn them off.

I believe you are mistaken with respect to silent mode prior to the firmware update. Check page 21 in the x100 manual:

#7 Richard_R

Richard_R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts
  • Local time: 02:15 AM
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'm surprised. None of the flashes on my Fujis have every worked in silent mode. One of the things with silent mode is that it disables the flash and the focus assist light as well as the noise.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X100

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users