• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fuji X30 coming in the summer?

Speculation

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ryan00013

ryan00013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Local time: 05:15 AM
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

According to Fuji Rumors, they have an updated release time for the X30; it's now expected to be coming Summer 2014. 

To summarize the information currently available on the X30:

• Sensor bigger than 1 inch.
  • Slightly larger than the X20
  • Fixed zoom lens
  • It won’t come in February/March [as earlier internet rumors suggested], but later (the source just said “summer”).

Original sources: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Edited by ryan00013, 11 February 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#2 Mr SMW

Mr SMW

Guts of the XT1 in the body of the X Pro1 please

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Local time: 10:15 AM
  • LocationGB

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Personally, I'd like to see a genuine Fuji rival to the Sony RX10 which would mean 1" or larger sensor and a fast 24-200 (ff equiv) lens.

I'd have a use for that.
  • jknights likes this

#3 ryan00013

ryan00013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

The X30 is more going to be a rival to the compact RX100 II; not so much the bridge category RX10. Who knows if Fuji will ever release the X-S2 you're looking for. I haven't seen any solid rumors about it.

With the new X30, I'd even be happy with a 24-85 lens as long as they keep it small, silent shutter, and around f/2 - f/2.8. 

The improvements I am hoping for most in the X30 are 95%+ viewfinder coverage and a larger sensor for better low light performance. An aperture ring on the lens and a shutter speed dial are probably wishful thinking, but those would be amazing too.

• Ahaios likes this

#4 Jonavin

Jonavin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Local time: 06:15 AM
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

Isn't the rumour that the X30 will have an EVF instead of an OVF? Thought I saw that somewhere but don't remember where.

X-T1: Samyang 8mm/2.8, XF 14/2.8, X100S-23/2, XF 27/2.8, XF 35/1.4, XF 55-200, Raynox DCR-250

#5 ryan00013

ryan00013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

I read that too, but it was speculation from comments on some website if I remember correctly. Maybe somewhere on DPReview forums or Fuji Rumors comments? I don't remember. However, I do know that no reliable rumor sources have reported anything on the viewfinder at all. Hopefully soon!

After selling my X-Pro1 and lenses (for financial reasons), I recently bought an X20 as a companion to my X100S. I am really surprised with how much I like the X20. I thought it was going to be a major downgrade from my other cameras. While the OVF isn't very good in comparison, it is still certainly useable. The rest of the camera kicks ass and is a truly capable little camera. Even if Fuji only updates the viewfinder and puts a bigger sensor in while keeping the rest the same, we are pretty much guaranteed a great camera in the X30. We should be getting a new lens too to match the larger sensor.

Edited by ryan00013, 12 February 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#6 secondintime

secondintime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Local time: 11:15 AM
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Typical. Have just bought an X20.
XT-1, X100 LE, X20. Website. http://www.secondintime.com Blog. http://secondintime.wordpress.com<p>

#7 ryan00013

ryan00013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Typical. Have just bought an X20.

That's ok. I bought a used X20 last week so that I could have something until the X30 release. I'd wager that we're still at least 4-6 months out from the X30 actually being launched. Even when it does, Fuji will likely keep the X20 in their product line and drop the price a bit. You'll still have a great camera, just not the absolute "best."

Realistically, I expect the X30 to have two major upgrades; a better viewfinder and 1-stop better ISO performance from the bigger sensor. Maybe it will have one or two other worthwhile, yet minor upgrades (slightly better IQ, colored focus peaking, etc). Those two main features would make it worth it to me personally to pay for an upgrade. However, I think that for many people it won't be worth the cost to upgrade. Similar to how many people still have their X10 because the X20 was only one step above. I'm guessing that the X30 will be one step above the X20. This is all conjecture of course; just my opinion based on previous Fuji and camera market trends. 

I'd love for Fuji to surprise me though. 

Edited by ryan00013, 12 February 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#8 Mr SMW

Mr SMW

Guts of the XT1 in the body of the X Pro1 please

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Local time: 10:15 AM
  • LocationGB

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

I'm hoping they combine the X20 with the XS1...kinda what I meant.

Or I might still buy the Sony...

#9 ryan00013

ryan00013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

Ah got ya. I watched a review and did some reading on the RX10 last night. It seems like an incredibly capable camera. While it doesn't suit my needs of being discreet, it looks like the best superzoom/bridge camera ever made. Either way, I'm excited to see what the X30 offers. If it's a true improvement on the X20, Fuji will  have my dollars.

Edited by ryan00013, 14 February 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#10 Florin

Florin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 11:15 AM
  • LocationGeneva, CH

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Could be the 1,5" sensor that Canon just announced the other day, with the X type filter?

Anyways, I hope they will bring the really wide angle lens, something like 24-85… and the 1,5" sensor, will be worth an upgrade… 

#11 blacksheep

blacksheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 04:15 AM
  • LocationKeller, Texas, USA

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

I sold my black x100 recently but miss Fuji. I am picking up the x20 in a minute to tide me over until I make up my mind to get the X-T1 and some primes. My "upgrade" would not be a rumored x30. So secondintime don't worry, just take beautiful pictures with your x20. :)

" Be present. Show up with no preconceptions. Be open to something more."--Vincent Versace

My tools:

Fujifilm X-T1, Zeiss 12mm, Zeiss 32mm, Fujifilm XF 55-200mm
Fujifilm X20 silver, Red Satin Bop, Lensmate thumb grip, Op-Tech wrist strap, Op-Tech neck strap for compacts
Nikon D700, Nikkor lenses--20mm/2.8, 50mm/1.4, 24-85mm,105mm/2.8, 80-400mm 
Vintage camera junkie---Nikon FA black, Nikon FA chrome, Nikon F3HP, Ihagee Parvola, Hasselblad V Series w/a Zeiss 80mm lens

#12 ATG

ATG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Do you think there's any chance it'll have a real shutter speed dial and aperture ring?

#13 EmoXide

EmoXide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 01:15 PM
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

I think that FUJIFILM will announce new X30 in the end of summer or early autumn maybe in September;
If it will be true, i expect the first production units will be in stores right at the end of October, just as it was a 3-years ago with FUJI X10

However, let me take a guess what the major improvements will be....
In my opinion:
+ Newely developed 1" (4800x3600) 17.3Mpix sensor BSI-CMOS; It would be great if it is bigger dough; X-Trans or maybe the new pattern type :thumbsu: 
+ New lens with range 9-37mm/f2.0-4.0*  + aperture ring, or electronical lens ring + misc control mode  ;    24-100mm (equivalent to 35mm film) ; ///*max f1/4.0 @ 37mm for compactness;
+ 46mm or 49mm lens thread for screw in filters; Inbuilt 3-stop ND filter would be nice extra but i doubt FUJI to give us such bonus;

+ New 3" tiltable TFT Display screen borrowed from X-A1/X-M1;  It would be great if it also a touch sensitive, for touch shutter shots, but I doubt it...

+ inbuilt Wi-Fi & NFC modules for wireless connection and control via smart devices just as Fuji X-E2 & X-T1

+ I think it is important FUJI X30 to be equipped  with the higher capacity Lithium-Ion NP-95  battery well known from  X100, to ensured at least 300RAF per battery charge;

+ Full manual control over video and probably better video quality & Mp4 format;

+ New SD-XC card slot with UHS II U3 support that is already present on big brother X-T1;

- No more optical viewfinder; But excellent EVF (X-VF1) same tech specs as those from X-E2; Only available as add-on unit @ MSRP $300

Whole this package @ MSRP $700-750  for the FUJI X30; $1000 for X30 + X-VF1 + leather case*(as bonus).

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Excuse my bad English....

Edited by EmoXide, 05 April 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#14 Ahaios

Ahaios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

With the new X30, I'd even be happy with a 24-85 lens as long as they keep it small, silent shutter, and around f/2 - f/2.8. 

The improvements I am hoping for most in the X30 are 95%+ viewfinder coverage and a larger sensor for better low light performance. An aperture ring on the lens and a shutter speed dial are probably wishful thinking, but those would be amazing too.

Spot on.

#15 jknights

jknights

• Moderators
  • 5,714 posts
  • Local time: 12:15 PM
  • LocationOliva, Valencia, Spain

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

Personally, I'd like to see a genuine Fuji rival to the Sony RX10 which would mean 1" or larger sensor and a fast 24-200 (ff equiv) lens.

I'd have a use for that.

I would certainly be interested in such a camera even so I am thinking that the zoom and the ability to sync with flash at all speeds is very tempting.

Always Nikon and Fuji cameras.

Still learning after all these years!
Website http://www.jmknights.com

#16 shane_c

shane_c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 07:15 AM
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

It's July 3rd.... I believe that rumor was that the X30 would be announced today.  I wonder if we'll see it?

I've had my X10 for a few years now and am looking to upgrade.  I've been eyeing the X-E2 and X-T1 but have been holding off to see what the X30 might offer.

#17 visual

visual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationitalia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

hi guys. you know some news about the new x30? Today is 20 th July 

#18 nwcs

nwcs

The Schulmanator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Local time: 06:15 AM
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

hi guys. you know some news about the new x30? Today is 20 th July

Nope. Considering the whole rumor started with a random user on dpreview I'd say the whole thing was bogus from the beginning. Fuji Rumors has some good rumors at times but a lot of the rumors are just repeats of some random wish list or hope people have.

Edited by nwcs, 20 July 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#19 visual

visual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationitalia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Nope. Considering the whole rumor started with a random user on preview I'd say the whole thing was bogus from the beginning. Fuji Rumors has some good rumors at times but a lot of the rumors are just repeats of some random wish list or hope people have.

yes, you're right. I think I will buy the x20.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Speculation

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users