• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Gordy's neck strap/X-Pro 1 questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wilbur Pan

Wilbur Pan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Local time: 08:19 PM

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

A few questions for all you Gordy's strap users out there:

1. Neck pad or no neck pad?

2. Given the issues with lug wear, split ring or string ends?

2a. If you answered split ring, strap bumpers or not?

Thanks!

#2 Hassebasse

Hassebasse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 AM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

Hi

I use a Gordy's adjustable strap (no neck pad) and find it my best camera strap ever! I simply love the quality (and look I have to admit) of it. Mounted the rounded rings.
Note! since it is kind of squared shape it will not move around easily on your chest. I like that but some may prefer a smooth strap instead

I can only recommend it.

#3 T. Storm Halvorsen

T. Storm Halvorsen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Local time: 02:19 AM

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

I have a sling with a split ring lug mount. It does not require any kind of leather bumper as the metal ring will never come in contact with the camera body! (due to the thickness of the leather where it is connected to the split ring)

I would say neck pad, yes definitely. Even though the camera isn't heavy. (for a sling you're going to have a place where the ends of the loop are joined anyway). The camera is somewhat light for use with a sling and tends to bounce around a lot. I need to have a hand constantly holding it in place when walking or it will start dancing. I suppose you wouldn't have that problem with a regular strap though.

If it wasn't for the fact that I now use the Fuji grip, I would possibly have ordered a strap with one end connected to the tripod mount. This would be good as the tripod mount hole is off centered and I think the camera would hang quite nicely on its side that way.

#4 Skulmoski

Skulmoski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Local time: 04:19 AM
  • LocationAbu Dhabi

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Bump

I too am undecided whether to order the neck strap with or without the neck pad for my X-Pro? What's your opinion?

GJS
Fuji X-Pro1, 8mm Rokinon,14mm Fujinon, 27mm Fujinon and 35mm Fujinon

#5 Arjay

Arjay

Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,418 posts
  • Local time: 02:19 AM
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Thread moved to accessories section for better searchability.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users