• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My First Camera

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 GaryX

GaryX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
  • Local time: 11:39 PM
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

My first proper camera was a Yashica rangefinder. I was in grade school ... maybe 4th grade. Don't remember how I acquired the camera, but my Uncle had all the fixings for B&W development and printing and we, (my cousin and I), would turn a bathroom into a darkroom for our photographic work. No meter in the Yashica (or no working meter), used that camera until the wire connecting the leaf shutter wore out and all the blades just, sorta ... hanged down ... lifeless.

Gary

"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My Snaps are Here: Unsharp At Any Speed
Critiquing my images is welcomed and greatly appreciated. tiphat.gif

#32 Bobjack

Bobjack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 AM
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

My first capable camera was a Pentax Spotmatic II.  Bought in the early 70's and used right up until digital times with a three lens combo, the Takumar 24mm, 55mm and 100mm macro.  It is no coincidence I guess that my three Fuji lenses are pretty much equivalent to those old Takumar lenses -  currently using the Fuji 14mm, 35mm and 60mm macro on the X-Pro.  Too bad I sold the Takumars a couple of years before the X-Pro came out!

-  Robert

X-Pro1 with 14, 35, 60 & 55-200mm 

#33 Miyata610

Miyata610

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Local time: 04:39 PM
  • LocationTasmania

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content