• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

X-100s wait club

X100S

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1776 replies to this topic

#1261 Vin Weathermon

Vin Weathermon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 02:17 PM
  • Locationirvine, california

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Well..we'll see how it goes....

Also unloading a 135mm f/2, 85mm f/1.4, and a 14mm f/2.8 :)

You might consider using the Amazon store for selling your stuff....I sure would like any of those lenses (If I hadn't just bought the X100S :-)

Edited by Vin Weathermon, 07 July 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#1262 rpavich

rpavich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
  • Local time: 05:17 PM
  • LocationWV

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

You might consider using the Amazon store for selling your stuff....I sure would like any of those lenses (If I hadn't just bought the X100S :-)

Everything is on ebay at the moment and it's selling well...I'm almost all cleaned out. The hard part is finding a darned X100S!!!

DigitalRev has them but I don't want to spend an extra 100.00 just in case Adorama gets them in stock in the next few days.

Edited by rpavich, 07 July 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#1263 moomtaz

moomtaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 05:47 PM
  • Locationillinois

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Selling off my 5DIII gear as we speak
Eeeek! The X100S is a super camera and I'm really pleased you've been able to get one. I love mine but would not sell my D800 and only have the X100. For me it's a perfect always at hand camera, but it certainly has its limitations. A 5D III, I'd sure as heck keep that if I could.

Totally agree. The X100S is perfect for a walk around camera, street shooter, or even limited portraits, but it can't compare to the 5D3 for many other applications. I use my 5D3 mostly for shooting sports, documentary style photography, studio work, ornything else that would require a wider variety of lenses.

#1264 rpavich

rpavich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Totally agree. The X100S is perfect for a walk around camera, street shooter, or even limited portraits, but it can't compare to the 5D3 for many other applications. I use my 5D3 mostly for shooting sports, documentary style photography, studio work, ornything else that would require a wider variety of lenses.

I hear you...but I don't shoot sports anymore and I'll live without shooting portraits (in the classic sense). I've decided to "live within it's limitations" :)

#1265 Rams Orosco

Rams Orosco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 03:17 PM
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

I just ordered one at digitalrev today priced at $1,580 CAD ($1,492.82 USD) with free shipping. It says July 11-13 ETA. Hopefully my wait will soon be over. It is more expensive that I ever expected and this is my first time to deal with digitalrev hope it turns out okay. (I haven't cancel my back orders from 2 other stores yet).

Edited by Rams Orosco, 08 July 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#1266 Vin Weathermon

Vin Weathermon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

I just ordered one at digitalrev today priced at $1,580 CAD ($1,492.82 USD) with free shipping. It says July 11-13 ETA. Hopefully my wait will soon be over. It is more expensive that I ever expected and this is my first time to deal with digitalrev hope it turns out okay. (I haven't cancel my back orders from 2 other stores yet).

Wow...was that bundled with something?  I paid $1399 just a few days ago....and that came with a leather fuji case...Yes, I hope we are getting our cameras soon :-p

#1267 Rams Orosco

Rams Orosco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

Vin,

It wasn't bundled with anything. I've been waiting for almost two months now and the anxiety is killing me.  :lol:

Edited by Rams Orosco, 08 July 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#1268 rpavich

rpavich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:44 AM

Well...I couldn't help myself. I ordered one from Digital Rev $1,399 and free shipping with the case.

I have to cancel Adorama later on this morning. :)

I was brushing my teeth and thought...what do I care about 100.00 when it might mean getting mine at the end of this week instead of a month from now?

Estimated arrival was 7-13 to 7-16 which is 5 to 8 days from now.

Edited by rpavich, 08 July 2013 - 03:45 AM.

#1269 daweicheng

daweicheng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

Enjoy my X100S at first weekend

#1270 daweicheng

daweicheng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Trust me ! It all worth the wait

Attached Files

#1271 rpavich

rpavich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

I just keep getting impressed over and over when I see what IQ this camera is capable of!

#1272 moomtaz

moomtaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 05:47 PM
  • Locationillinois

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Vin,
It wasn't bundled with anything. I've been waiting for almost two months now and the anxiety is killing me.  :lol:

Mine was 1399.00, came with two 8gb sandisk sd cards, and the lxc100 Fuji leather case. They are in stock right now. By the way, the leather case fits the camera with the adapter and b&w slim filter.
  • ksmith0034 likes this

#1273 Mackeral

Mackeral

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Local time: 10:17 PM
  • LocationBelfast

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Decided not to wait and got the x100. Good luck to everybody trying to get the S

#1274 robert

robert

Founder

• Administrators
  • 5,589 posts
  • Local time: 04:17 PM
  • LocationDriftwood, TX

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

For those not willing to wait, the Digital Rev deal is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and warranty info is

--Robert

[site disclosures]

#1275 Dave J

Dave J

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationDudley, UK

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Good Grief! That's even more expensive than the UK! And I thought we got ripped off! :wacko:

#1276 moosh

moosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

I placed an order for the X100S with Adorama at the end of May—after waiting a month without getting updates, I cancelled my order and placed one with Samy's instead. Placed it on June 24 and got an email today that the camera was shipped! Very excited about this. Also, I saved over $100 in taxes (I'm in New York City.)

Edited by moosh, 08 July 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#1277 Vin Weathermon

Vin Weathermon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

For those not willing to wait, the Digital Rev deal is

and warranty info is

So, do you take this to mean that the Digital Rev deal is "not USA" warranted?

#1278 robert

robert

Founder

• Administrators
  • 5,589 posts
  • LocationDriftwood, TX

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

The two options are pretty self explanatory...

--Robert

[site disclosures]

#1279 Dsh1700

Dsh1700

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOrange county, CA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Just created an account to let you guys know that they have a few in stock at Electric Avenue in Miami. They have a store front on ebay. They are charging the MSRP for it. Good luck!

#1280 robert

robert

Founder

• Administrators
  • 5,589 posts
  • LocationDriftwood, TX

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Just created an account to let you guys know that they have a few in stock at Electric Avenue in Miami. They have a store front on ebay. They are charging the MSRP for it. Good luck!

--Robert

[site disclosures]

#1281 Rams Orosco

Rams Orosco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Thanks Robertj, I will try this one. Even if with expedited shipping to Canada I will still save $150 versus digitalrev. They will ship tomorrow and ETA is July 10-11. :lol:

#1282 Rams Orosco

Rams Orosco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Dsh1700 for the heads up. I called the seller and closed the deal.  :)

#1283 chetters

chetters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationlos angeles

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

I just got off the phone with Samy's Culver City, they called me to tell me that my pre-order is in.  I just released my pre-order there so there should be at least one there now. I should be getting mine from B&H on Wed.

Edited by chetters, 08 July 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#1284 Pup73

Pup73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the head up guys; i went ahead and ordered from Electric Avenue; when i called the lady said they had 10 in stock. i had some reservations while talking to her; it was painfully obvious she had no clue what she was selling (this store strikes me as one of those super stores that sell computers and all types of electronics). but, they claim they are an authorized fujifilm dealer, their return policy seems reasonable, they are charging msrp, and have free shipping (although i upgraded to get it in 3 days)...

we'll see...

-c

#1285 ClipperRock

ClipperRock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAcapulco, Mexico

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

This is like a feeding frenzy. I have seen this often---the Nikon D7000 a couple of years ago and the D800 last year for example. Both are great cameras--I own them. The D7000 was selling for over $1200.00 used a year ago---they were hard to get due to the tsunami in Japan at the Nikon factory. Today, you can pick one up for under $750.00. But, be patient and get your camera from a name-brand store---B and H, Adorama or Amazon. There is a great deal of potential of abuse from some of the off-brand stores. Don't think that they are unaware of this wave of interest and some will stoop pretty low. YOU will pay for that impatience. Trust me on that. 6 months from now, it won't make one iota of difference to you if you got it July 15 or August 15 but you could easily pay too much or get an inferior product by being so impatient.

• guitarbam likes this

#1286 Pup73

Pup73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

This is like a feeding frenzy. I have seen this often---the Nikon D7000 a couple of years ago and the D800 last year for example. Both are great cameras--I own them. The D7000 was selling for over $1200.00 used a year ago---they were hard to get due to the tsunami in Japan at the Nikon factory. Today, you can pick one up for under $750.00. But, be patient and get your camera from a name-brand store---B and H, Adorama or Amazon. There is a great deal of potential of abuse from some of the off-brand stores. Don't think that they are unaware of this wave of interest and some will stoop pretty low. YOU will pay for that impatience. Trust me on that. 6 months from now, it won't make one iota of difference to you if you got it July 15 or August 15 but you could easily pay too much or get an inferior product by being so impatient.

I appreciate your concern; considering I am leaving for vacation this Saturday, and my 1D-X is currently being serviced, for me it will make a BIG difference between getting it July 15 or August 15. I have always been an early adopter. Of course you can wait a year (or two, or three) and get a great deal. But honestly, in a year (or two), I will have moved on to my next camera of interest. I buy and sell gear quite often...

I have orders for the X100S with all the "name-brand" stores still pending; I have credit card protection (to a degree). This vendor has a return policy. So IMHO, it's worth the "gamble" to get it by this Friday. My last two big purchases (Canon 1D-X and 5DIII) were both from "off-brand" stores. Why? because they were the first to receive them. The feeding frenzy was with B&H, Adorama etc. You hear stories all the time about people just walking into their local camera shop and having their holy grail just sitting there by chance. 

Yes, maybe when my camera arrives it won't have a battery. Maybe it'll have 10000 actuations on it. Maybe the menus will all be in tagalog. If that's the case, I'll just put in up for sale on this forum; some impatient person will snatch it up :)

I'm just kidding BTW :)

-c

Edited by Pup73, 08 July 2013 - 09:43 PM.

• Jamie Joseph Burke RDX likes this

#1287 Vin Weathermon

Vin Weathermon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

The two options are pretty self explanatory...

It is not self-explanatory or I would not have inquired.

1. It does not say what the camera warranty is.   It says "we check to make sure it is covered by warranty terms" but I have no idea what they are, because it does not say what the warranty terms are.   You could use the same terminology for any non-US warranty item.   Does not mean that the repairs will be covered in the US.

2. It appears as though they are the middle man to somebody who fixes the camera, under the terms of the warranty.   It sounds like a Mack warranty kind of thing for gray market cameras, but does not have any specifics, like the actual terms.  

So, I would appreciate if any one has experience dealing with DigitalRev before with a warranty concern and how it went.  I have to say I am concerned.

#1288 Vin Weathermon

Vin Weathermon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for the head up guys; i went ahead and ordered from Electric Avenue; when i called the lady said they had 10 in stock. i had some reservations while talking to her; it was painfully obvious she had no clue what she was selling (this store strikes me as one of those super stores that sell computers and all types of electronics). but, they claim they are an authorized fujifilm dealer, their return policy seems reasonable, they are charging msrp, and have free shipping (although i upgraded to get it in 3 days)...

we'll see...

-c

Yeah, still in stock...and I have no idea what DigitalRev is doing with my order.

#1289 robert

robert

Founder

• Administrators
  • 5,589 posts
  • LocationDriftwood, TX

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

It is not self-explanatory or I would not have inquired.

1. It does not say what the camera warranty is.   It says "we check to make sure it is covered by warranty terms" but I have no idea what they are, because it does not say what the warranty terms are.   You could use the same terminology for any non-US warranty item.   Does not mean that the repairs will be covered in the US.
2. It appears as though they are the middle man to somebody who fixes the camera, under the terms of the warranty.   It sounds like a Mack warranty kind of thing for gray market cameras, but does not have any specifics, like the actual terms.  

So, I would appreciate if any one has experience dealing with DigitalRev before with a warranty concern and how it went.  I have to say I am concerned.

Warranty is 1 year on Fuji. Any warranty claims are handled by your choice of the two options,  if you are in the US.

Yes, they are the middle man to Fuji if you choose option two...you send the camera to them and they send to Fuji. Otherwise, you send it to Fuji US and they reimburse in which case there is no middle man.

Any detail more than this, I suggest contacting Digital Rev directly, and have them send you a copy of the Fuji warranty terms.

Try Julia K. Y. Poon <

> and she can direct you to the proper person.

--Robert

[site disclosures]

#1290 Vin Weathermon

Vin Weathermon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Thanks.  I did chat with DigitalRev directly.  The camera is not US warranted, it is Fuji Hong Kong warranty 1 year which is why they are handling the repairs there.  I am willing to give this a chance with them, even though I am a bit nervous and there is no option to buy an extended warranty (like Mack.)   But if the camera is built that well, it should not need a warranty, right? :-) 

With Canon, I have the repair center right down the street.  Any repair takes a week tops.   Spoiled in that regard...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X100S

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users