• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Luigi Leather Half Case for X100

X100

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_x100admin_*

Guest_x100admin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

I emailed Luigi Crescenzi, proprietor of the hand crafted leather half cases for Leica and other cameras, and he confirmed he will be producing a half case for the X100, as soon as he can get his hands on a camera for fitment.

For those of you who aren't enamored of the official Fuji case offering (pictured below) this could be good news.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

81.9KB   170 downloads

#2 videogamemaker

videogamemaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Local time: 10:31 PM
  • LocationIceland

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:05 AM

I emailed Luigi Crescenzi, proprietor of the hand crafted leather half cases for Leica and other cameras, and he confirmed he will be producing a half case for the X100, as soon as he can get his hands on a camera for fitment.

For those of you who aren't enamored of the official Fuji case offering (pictured below) this could be good news.

81.9KB   170 downloads

But the default case looks great and is real leather. It will be cool to have an alternative, but just wondering what it will bring other than just another flavor. If the Fuji case was pleather or something else I'd understand more easily.

#3 robert

robert

Founder

• Administrators
  • 5,799 posts
  • Local time: 04:31 PM
  • LocationDriftwood, TX

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

But the default case looks great and is real leather. It will be cool to have an alternative, but just wondering what it will bring other than just another flavor. If the Fuji case was pleather or something else I'd understand more easily.

The Fujifilm case only comes in brown, however. :) I think I'd prefer black or the rally with a matching strap.

--Robert

[site disclosures]

#4 videogamemaker

videogamemaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:02 AM

The Fujifilm case only comes in brown, however. :) I think I'd prefer black or the rally with a matching strap.

Since it's real leather it could easily be polished another color, but what you say does make sense.
  • Beena likes this

#5 ChadW

ChadW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

I'm with you! Black would be preferable to me but the Fuji case looks good and I thought I read somewhere that the price was around $100. Not bad.

#6 videogamemaker

videogamemaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:17 AM

I'm with you! Black would be preferable to me but the Fuji case looks good and I thought I read somewhere that the price was around $100. Not bad.

It's 149 Canadian, so I'm expecting between 100-150 USD.

Any idea if it is possible to polish it a darker color?

#7 terry

terry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Local time: 03:31 PM

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

I like Luigi cases a lot but in this case where there is an attractive OEM case at a reasonable price I'm going to try it before considering something else. Luigi cases plus shipping get to be very pricey. I just hope the Fuji case does not have to be screwed into the tripod socket. That is a real pain for changing battery/SD card. I don't think Fuji US prices are out yet but I thought I saw a European price that was reasonable.

#8 videogamemaker

videogamemaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

I like Luigi cases a lot but in this case where there is an attractive OEM case at a reasonable price I'm going to try it before considering something else. Luigi cases plus shipping get to be very pricey. I just hope the Fuji case does not have to be screwed into the tripod socket. That is a real pain for changing battery/SD card. I don't think Fuji US prices are out yet but I thought I saw a European price that was reasonable.

Nope, doesn't screw into the tripod socket. I forget where I read it, but the person specified that it hooks around the strap lugs only, making it easy to change batteries and SD cards.

I like that the top half unbuttons and the female button snaps on the butt-half are recessed, so it will still sit on a flat surface. (meaning the button snaps don't protrude out)

#9 ChadW

ChadW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

I just hope the Fuji case does not have to be screwed into the tripod socket. That is a real pain for changing battery/SD card.

Agreed regarding the tripod screw. I had a nice half case for the GF1 but it was such a pain to take it off via the tripod screw. I ended up trying an Eye-Fi card but am not sold on it.

And there is something special about the Luigi cases isn't there? The snug fit and rich smell of the leather is outstanding. Still, I'll probably give the Fuii case a try if it looks good.

#10 Arjay

Arjay

Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,735 posts
  • Local time: 11:31 PM
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

Since it seems that the original Fuji case cannot accomodate the camera with installed adapter ring plus filter and some clip-on cap, there might be a market for a Luigi case that offers these added features.

#11 Guest_srandallthomas_*

Guest_srandallthomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

I checked Luigi Crescenzi for a case before I understood that Fuji would have one. I really like Luigi cases. A lot of options and colors, high quality stuff. Just a bit expensive. I also considered getting the Fuji case and having it dyed. What I will do depends on what's available at the time I have the money. I may just find a place to dye the Fuji case if they can do an excellent job at an affordable price. However, lets say it will cost close to the same amount of the case, which I expect to be about $120.00, I'll fire off an email to Luigi and talk shop. He's very good with communicating with potential clients.

#12 Guest_srandallthomas_*

Guest_srandallthomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

I was just looking at various leather shops, including some shoemakers and shoe repair shops. A lot of them seem to be experienced at dyeing and rebuilding leather handbags. They have the requisite skills and experience to dye and finish the FujiFilm leather case. I may just go that route.

I may even get a great price if I explain the case of the X100 and offer to promote their service in these blogs and forums.

#13 videogamemaker

videogamemaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:53 AM

I was just looking at various leather shops, including some shoemakers and shoe repair shops. A lot of them seem to be experienced at dyeing and rebuilding leather handbags. They have the requisite skills and experience to dye and finish the FujiFilm leather case. I may just go that route.

I may even get a great price if I explain the case of the X100 and offer to promote their service in these blogs and forums.

If you do this, please post the final results and if you can, how much it costs (or rather, how much they would charge us, since you might get a discount as the first)

#14 Guest_srandallthomas_*

Guest_srandallthomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

If you do this, please post the final results and if you can, how much it costs (or rather, how much they would charge us, since you might get a discount as the first)

Will do, if I ever get my hands on the camera and case. Waiting for delivery to the U.S.A.

#15 cosinaphile

cosinaphile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Local time: 05:31 PM
  • Locationnyc

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

the luigi 1\2 case will cost much more that fujis full case
also

i have redyed leather many times supplies are available to remove
original color and apply a color of choice

also the existing case could be given a second toning for that rich bench leather look
i shoot with adapted glass on the ep1 the gf1
i shoot with the ricoh gxr system and m mount glass
i shoot with the samsung X-E1 and ricoh gx 200
i shoot with the fujifilm x 100 and x 10

#16 videogamemaker

videogamemaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:36 AM

the luigi 1\2 case will cost much more that fujis full case
also

i have redyed leather many times supplies are available to remove
original color and apply a color of choice

also the existing case could be given a second toning for that rich bench leather look

I think I've decided rather than re-dying it right away, I want to use and abuse the hell out of it taking photos, and as soon as it starts to get some wear, use that as an excuse to re-dye.

#17 fingerpuk

fingerpuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:51 AM

I'm going to get the Fuji case, beat the crap out of it, then partially re-dye it myself, so it will look full on old school.
myx100year.tumblr.com

#18 Guest_srandallthomas_*

Guest_srandallthomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

I think I've decided rather than re-dying it right away, I want to use and abuse the hell out of it taking photos, and as soon as it starts to get some wear, use that as an excuse to re-dye.

This may be my best option as well. It also occurred to me that the Fuji case may actually look and feel better than we think.

#19 cosinaphile

cosinaphile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Local time: 05:31 PM
  • Locationnyc

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

if its more or less the quality of my contax g grey leather case ill be happy
i shoot with adapted glass on the ep1 the gf1
i shoot with the ricoh gxr system and m mount glass
i shoot with the samsung X-E1 and ricoh gx 200
i shoot with the fujifilm x 100 and x 10

#20 Guest_srandallthomas_*

Guest_srandallthomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:59 AM

I think I'll wait to see the actually case. Judging from this image the case looks very attractive.Posted Image

#21 Marloon

Marloon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Local time: 03:31 PM

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:38 AM

I think I'll wait to see the actually case. Judging from this image the case looks very attractive.Posted Image

I agree with you on that one. The case does look quite attractive. Pair that with a hood, a filter and you are golden! :D

I'm MARLON

Canon Platinum CPS member

Wordpress BlogTumblr BlogYoutube ChannelTwitterGear List

#22 nezam

nezam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Local time: 11:31 PM

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

Don't you think Fuji Will make a new case that fit the x100 with the lens hood?

#23 brkl

brkl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Local time: 12:31 AM

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

Unlikely. If they wanted that the official case would fit with the lens hood already.

#24 Guest_srandallthomas_*

Guest_srandallthomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

Unlikely. If they wanted that the official case would fit with the lens hood already.

Yea, I agree. They probably considered the fact that many may not get the hood and if they did, there's still the option of the half case.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X100

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users