• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Custom Settings

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peteg

peteg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 06:27 PM

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

Hi, only just found this board so this is a first time post. I've had my x100 for a few days now and im really loving it, save for some of the identified niggles in the UI. One thing that confuses me is that once i've selected one of my custom settings and its in use, how do you de-select it - eg get out of the custom setting and back to default settings??

Have i missed something obvious? I didnt see it in the manual.

#2 Nir.Vana

Nir.Vana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 01:27 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

You cannot "de-select" a custom setting. Instead, consider the custom settings as "saved settings". You can save current settings to "setting slot" 1 to 3, or edit them in place. When you choose to apply a custom setting, the camera actually LOAD its data and overwrite the current setting.

#3 galumay

galumay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Local time: 02:57 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

You cannot "de-select" a custom setting. Instead, consider the custom settings as "saved settings". You can save current settings to "setting slot" 1 to 3, or edit them in place. When you choose to apply a custom setting, the camera actually LOAD its data and overwrite the current setting.

To add to that, when you start all 3 custom settings are set to the default settings, they only change when you edit the settings and save them, so if you havent saved all 3 custom settings with new settings then the unchanged ones retain the default settings.
"I started with nothing.....and I still have most of it." |SmugMug Gallery

#4 peteg

peteg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 06:27 PM

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

Ok, thanks for that. I was reverting back to default settings by selecting an un-assigned custom setting - but that uses up one custom setting leaving only two. Is it just me that thinks having a revert to default function would be quite useful?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users