• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Greetings! Another Sf Bay Area newb

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ValveTubeHead

ValveTubeHead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Local time: 11:02 AM
  • LocationSf Bay Area

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hello all! -new X100S guy.
Looks like a lot of fresh x blood influx with the current X100S shark frenzy... Can you blame us? The enthusiasm is contagious. I think a lot of dslr folks are looking to lighten the load with walk-around friendly kit...delivering the goods, and then some.

forum appears an eclectic mix of fixated, spec heads and mature, self indulgent steady hands with eagle eyes and discriminating vocabulary. I hope the signal to noise ratio stays high as some of the new gear buzz wears off.

Personally, I'm looking for additional motivation and subjects that will inspire me. Having a great career and occupation is a blessing, but exercising untapped brain matter is quite a therapeutic luxury. I love the technical stuff, but its less meaningful to me than it use to be... To me now, the best technology is almost transparent, simple and elegant; if accessible, drink it in with a big appetite and wear it like a favorite pair of comfortable pajamas.

I've dabbled in motorsport photography and found paddock area shooting more fun than panning for tire&wheel blur or the odd crash & burn. Candid shots of the ballet and dance in preparation for certain forms of racing really is compelling to me; a huge range of color and emotion floats around the garage areas. It's great fun to meet some of your sports heroes and a thrill to be close enough to the action to try to make sure you're not part of it! Laguna Seca is fantastic!

I shoot a lot of stationary plant life, macro and micro for work, and that carries over to similar subject matter after work. If science weren't a career for me, I think I'd draw more inspiration from this line of photo study. Biology is so complex and wonderful, it's information and discovery overload most of the time!

I think I want to visit and document landmarks in my families local history before they disappear or fade too much. Many of the storytellers in my parents generation are eager to talk about San Francisco neighborhoods they grew up in, etc. It's just seems right to bring more of it together, with purpose and colorful personal perspective (multi-media). I think the X100S will just flourish in this environment; street views, intimate conversation and maybe some modest artistic latitude... A semi formal project plan or draft will probably serve me well. hah!

Thanks for the inspiring stories and examples of x-series capabilities, Cheers!
Matt
Fuji X100S, X-T1 XF 35, 18-55, 55-200
Canon T2i EF 50/1.4, 85/1.8, 135/2, 300/4, 24-105/4
Domke F-2, F-3X, F-802, F-5XB
LowePro Stealth Reporter 200AW, Toploader Pro 65AW

#2 LCB

LCB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Local time: 10:02 AM
  • LocationSan Diego CA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Welcome Matt. Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing a bit of your background. It nice to *meet* you.

#3 pictureted

pictureted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 11:02 AM
  • LocationRedwood City, CA

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Welcome from another X100S owner from way down in Redwood City.

flickr - pictureted

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users