• Create Account

Rebates Extended! New Rebate on 18-135mm

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Links!

Popflash - special instant rebate pricing on all new Fuji items, call Tony or Alex for details 805-492-6444 or 805-492-6548
Cameraland - call Jeff 212-753-5128 for pricing too low to advertise
Best Buy
Apple
B&H -- B&H Deal Zone
Amazon
Amazon UK
Adorama
Newegg

Clicking on these links helps offset the operational costs of the forum at no cost to you! Your support is much appreciated!

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SDXC 128GB Card

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Darcy1968

Darcy1968

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 11:42 PM
  • LocationKiama, Australia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

I cannot get my SDXC 128GB Card to initialise with Macbook Pro & my #X100S using a Moshi Cardette Ultra reader. There is a loop happening where I format the card in camera but it wont initialize on my Macbook Pro. When I then initialize using disk utility etc. and place back inmy camera it wont initialize and has to be reformatted...and so it goes.

Solutions welcomed? 

#2 PeterPrism

PeterPrism

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local time: 03:42 PM
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Install Quitmydrive the freeware utility to clean your card from junkies. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Cheers 

#3 Darcy1968

Darcy1968

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

Cheers 

I do have this but am not sure your suggesting as a solution for a brand new sandisk card? :)

#4 Frenchman

Frenchman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Local time: 06:42 AM
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

Are you using FAT or exFAT in Disk Utility, and not HFS+? The Fuji likely only understands those.

#5 Darcy1968

Darcy1968

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

Are you using FAT or exFAT in Disk Utility, and not HFS+? The Fuji likely only understands those.

I went to disk utiility --> exFAT --> erase but when I put the card back in my camera it says it it full and I need to erase/format.

#6 Darcy1968

Darcy1968

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Cheers 

I did as suggested but the same loop exists unfortunately.

#7 Arjay

Arjay

Admin

• Administrators
  • 8,759 posts
  • Local time: 02:42 PM
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

I've read a number of reports on this forum that Fuji X Series cameras might have a problem with memory cards equal to or larger than 32GB. Below that size, everything works fine.

Maybe you should not put all your eggs into one basket and rather use several smaller cards? It's not like a smaller card won't last you for a full day of frantic shooting ...

#8 Darcy1968

Darcy1968

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

I've read a number of reports on this forum that Fuji X Series cameras might have a problem with memory cards equal to or larger than 32GB. Below that size, everything works fine.

Maybe you should not put all your eggs into one basket and rather use several smaller cards? It's not like a smaller card won't last you for a full day of frantic shooting ...

The card will work in teh camera and I can see the shots taken but will not initialize in my Macbook Pro.

I do have a number of cards but wanted a BIG one for video and a wandering month OS (I will also back it up).

#9 Darcy1968

Darcy1968

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

I think my Moshi Cardette Ultra reader is the problem. I need a new, updated one that is SDXC compatible (I think).

#10 PeterPrism

PeterPrism

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local time: 03:42 PM
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

Found a lot of forum full of discussion about mac and compatibility with big SDXC Cards. It is a problem related the mac not the Camera. I think that with latest release of mountain lion ther is no more problem but i have not a card so big. You have to find a solution to upgrade your OS. Sorry this is what I found surfing in internet. cheers.

• Darcy1968 likes this

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users