• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

JPEG shooters....what's your sharpness setting?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BigBoy

BigBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Local time: 03:29 PM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

Hi folks. So what is your setting for in camera sharpness? I use medium hard, but it's not sharp enough for me.

#2 magicrobots

magicrobots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Local time: 06:29 PM
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

I have been using the default medium, but just changed to medium hard as an experiment...

#3 arrkkkk

arrkkkk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 AM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

I leave my setting on 'Hard' all the time. The downside is that the OOF blur is compromised a bit by this setting but you have to be a pixel peeper to notice that. I also set the NR to 'Low' as well. as I prefer sharp and grainy picture rather than soft and smooth details ;)

#4 Rooster

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Local time: 12:29 AM
  • LocationZwolle, The Netherlands

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:48 AM

100% straight, but only had cam for a week...... upping the sharpness, which is considerable by its own means, not always has benefits....
Rooster currently shoots with:
a - FUJI X100 #12L01251, TU-CSEP-2, LH-X100 & B&W MRC 007 49 clear filter = GONE!;
b - RICOH GRD-I with Kobalux 28mm finder, 4GB-15 MB/s cards and original GR Digital strap = STILL HERE, but for sale!;
c - Billingham Hadley Small black/black cambag = STILL HERE TOO!

Posted Image

#5 bandipur

bandipur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 PM

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

Out of curiosity, why do you guys shoot JPEG?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users