• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What a headache......

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sicknote

sicknote

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 05:01 AM

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

What a headache Fujifilm UK have given me.

My 5 month old camera was sent for repair last week due to the electronic level not displaying and the custom settings not saving.

The Main PWB and lens were replaced.

Now the camera refuses to focus on any setting and locks up totally when the shutter release is fully pressed. The battery has to be removed to reset the camera.

There is no way the camera was fully tested after these parts were replaced by Fujifilm.

I sent an email complaining over the weekend and received a reply this morning asking me to return the camera for further inspection.

Is it unreasonable to ask for a new camera rather than have further repairs carried out?

I have sent an email to Fuji Japan to highlight their poor customer service.

Sickened by the experience.

#2 masty

masty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

My sentiments exactly. Had mine back from the repairers where they replaced the main board. The very day i picked it up i put the latest firmware on it, and now it's gone back to Fuji today. I have never had so much trouble nor so many firmware updates with a camera before in my life. And to top it all i may well have to battle with the dreaded SAB in the future!!

Like you, I complained to Fuji, but they never got back to me. It will be the first and last Fuji i buy.

They have yet to return the recipt to me too from it's earlier foray to their 'technicians'..

#3 Bashar AR

Bashar AR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Local time: 12:01 AM
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

i feel your pain, looks like fuji UK is run by idiots ;(

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

but don't feel bad, Nikon UK is even worse, system error, ya right.....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

www.basharar.com
X100 random gallery

#4 sicknote

sicknote

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Yep, idiots for sure.

Turned the camera on again last night. The EVF doesn't work either and there is a horrible crunching noise inside the camera when the shutter release is fully pressed.

Just fired an email off to customer service complaints........guess I'll wait for a reply before sending the camera back for further inspection.

At least the weather is good.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users