• Create Account

Cecilia Camera Straps Preview

Posting tip: click on 'Add to Post' when attaching an image. This way it will appear on the What's New page.

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

LightRoom RAW support by end of May

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Papa Lazarou

Papa Lazarou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11
  • Local time: 04:23 AM
  • LocationManchester

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Was chatting with a Fuji rep today about all things X Pro 1 and he tells me LightRoom RAW support for Fuji X Pro 1 will be here by end of the month.

It's a saga now

#2 SimonK

SimonK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12
  • LocationReading, U.K.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Ossum. Can't wait, thanks for posting that.

#3 Roel

Roel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 31-May 11
  • Local time: 12:23 AM
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

that is good news if it is true

Roël

Please visit my website:

http://roel.me

#4 gDallasK

gDallasK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 09-March 12
  • Local time: 05:23 AM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

I hope we get CS6 support at the same time. I've just paid £200 to upgrade from CS5 and I would prefer to avoid upgrading Lightroom - which I rarely use anyway. I've paid enough money to Adobe for one month.

#5 Borge

Borge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Joined 14-April 12
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

I hope we get CS6 support at the same time. I've just paid £200 to upgrade from CS5 and I would prefer to avoid upgrading Lightroom - which I rarely use anyway. I've paid enough money to Adobe for one month.

Camera RAW is Camera RAW. Once it is updated with X-Pro1 support all Adobe products that uses ACR for RAW will read the files.

Correction: All Adobe products that are eligiable for the new version of ACR that is (Lightroom 4, Photoshop CS6, etc. Not CS5.5 or LR3).

#6 TropicalYankee

TropicalYankee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Joined 22-March 12
  • Local time: 12:23 AM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Last month, I had a Fuji rep tell me ACR and LR support would come at the beginning of May. I don't think the Fuji reps really know. Adobe "officially" updates cameras for ACR and LR four times per year. The last "official" update was May 1. Based on the four per year schedule, I'd suspect the next "official" one will be around August 1. Hopefully, there will be a beta and/or release candidate before then but, I wouldn't count on it before the end of June or beginning of July.

#7 jknights

jknights

• Moderators
  • 7,197 posts
  • Joined 14-March 11
  • Local time: 06:23 AM
  • LocationOliva, Valencia, Spain

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Beta or whatever it would be nice to have it.

Mind you I would rather have Capture One or Aftershot Pro with the RAW support since these are my preferred RAW processors.

Always Nikon and Fuji cameras.

Still learning after all these years!
Website http://www.jmknights.com

#8 Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 05-November 11
  • Local time: 11:23 PM
  • LocationPawleys Island, SC

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Beta or whatever it would be nice to have it.

Mind you I would rather have Capture One or Aftershot Pro with the RAW support since these are my preferred RAW processors.

Do I ever agree with that! Capture one has been notified thousands of times via support requests for this! But, ACR will be fine until capture one is out!
Mark Hilliard, N2HHR

mark@thelensworkgallery.com
infraredatelier.wordpress.com
markhilliardatelier.wordpress.com

#9 Dick Quinn

Dick Quinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 20-December 11
  • Local time: 06:23 PM
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii USA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

This is NOT good news:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• flysurfer likes this

#10 Borge

Borge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Joined 14-April 12
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

This is NOT good news:

That is the opinions of one software developer which develops a RAW converter that is largely unknown.
Software engineers need to be creative with the new sensor layout, and get away from the "everything has been 2x2, so WTF am I supposed to do to solve this. It is impossible!!" mindset.

It will take time, yes. But the X-Trans really shows that it is a sensor that is way above the regular Bayer 2x2 sensor design. Just look at the jpeg's... The jpeg's are processed from RAW data as well.

One of the negative points from that developer is even that the 6x6 sensor array will take more processing power (duh), and it won't be able to run on an iPad... Like anyone cares? The iPad raw application he develops is even very badly rated on the AppStore... I guess that says everything.

#11 Papa Lazarou

Papa Lazarou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11
  • LocationManchester

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

BETA version of Adobe camera RAW is already out for Photoshop.

It's a saga now

#12 Arjay

Arjay

Admin

• Administrators
  • 9,747 posts
  • Joined 27-February 11
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

This is NOT good news:

Interesting information - it explains some of the comments I've read elsewhere about Fuji not having provided enough support to RAW file converter programmers other than Silkypix...

OTOH, it doesn't really come as a surprise that a different filter pattern requires new, innovative demosaicing algorithms. Naturally, developing powerful, high-performance algorithms involves a lot of trial and error, which in turn takes time and probably several design iterations.

#13 jknights

jknights

• Moderators
  • 7,197 posts
  • Joined 14-March 11
  • LocationOliva, Valencia, Spain

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

I'm sure that Dave Coffin is available for consultancy if it is too difficult for them! Seems like a small price to pay for delivering the impossible. :lol:

Always Nikon and Fuji cameras.

Still learning after all these years!
Website http://www.jmknights.com

#14 Arjay

Arjay

Admin

• Administrators
  • 9,747 posts
  • Joined 27-February 11
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

Just look at the jpeg's... The jpeg's are processed from RAW data as well.

This basically means that Fuji still has some edge over other software manufacturers, as their built-in RAW converter still seems to be a little better than that of the others (except for a slight loss in resolution).

I'm sure that Dave Coffin is available for consultancy if it is too difficult for them! Seems like a small price to pay for delivering the impossible. :lol:

If I have correctly understood part 2 of the Chromasoft blog (see link above), then Dave Coffin's DCRaw isn't the gold standard of X-Pro1 RAW converters either, and Dave's X-Pro1 demosaicing algorithm too could still use some tweaking...

#15 Liquid Stereo

Liquid Stereo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-May 12
  • Local time: 10:23 PM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Thanks Dave!

Was chatting with a Fuji rep today about all things X Pro 1 and he tells me LightRoom RAW support for Fuji X Pro 1 will be here by end of the month.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users