• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

Registration enables you to post in the community, and be notified to replies.

Other benefits: sharing photos, creating a photo gallery, get answers to technical questions, assistance with trouble-shooting, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is easy and simple. Become a part of the forum by creating an account. You can also log in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!

Note: after registering if you don't see the validation email, check your spam folder.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

X-E1 + 35/1.4 on eBay from HK

X-E1

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 torn

torn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Local time: 06:16 AM
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Wondering if these sellers are legit. Theres a few of them, this is the lowest price. AFAIK HK does retail a package with the 35/1.4 instead of the 18-55 kit.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 generationally

generationally

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 01:16 PM

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

Wondering if these sellers are legit. Theres a few of them, this is the lowest price. AFAIK HK does retail a package with the 35/1.4 instead of the 18-55 kit.

They seem to be mainly serving the Australian market and also have a traditional online shop:

And quite good feedback:

Hmm, tempting!!

#3 torn

torn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Nice find. eBay price is a bit higher, site gives me ~1310$ US for the combo + battery + cleaning kit + screen protector via EMS.
Concerned about getting taxed though :/

#4 Cinders

Cinders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCoral Springs, FL

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Wow, so I could have saved $200 by not buying the 35mm and body separately. And my 35mm is slightly used, and it can't be returned. Lovely. :(

#5 generationally

generationally

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Nice find. eBay price is a bit higher, site gives me ~1310$ US for the combo + battery + cleaning kit + screen protector via EMS.
Concerned about getting taxed though :/

About the tax...

Here in Finland, the tax is 23%. So if I add that to the price then I would only save 10% by buying the body+35mm kit from T-Dimension compared to buying the body and 35mm separately from the local shop here where they have the silver body and 35mm in stock.

So for me it is not really worth buying it from T-Dimension after all. Except I want the black body and not the silver one ;)

#6 TomasT

TomasT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Local time: 12:16 PM
  • LocationSweden/Stockholm

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

I never bought anything on ebay or amazon. In sweden we have something called blocket.se which are so infested by scammers that you barely can use it.

Anyone know if it's considered safe to buy stuff at ebay and such?

---------------------------
www.torasenfoto.com
---------------------------

#7 Arjay

Arjay

Admin

• Administrators
  • 9,954 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

No problem with Ebay whatsoever. I've repeatedly used them as they address a large public and thus help to sell specialty items such as exotic cameras and lenses.

As a buyer, I am taking a close look at winning bidders and their reputation. Anybody with a rating of less than 99.6% and less than 100 transactions will not be considered as buyer. I am fairly careful with T&Cs and rather decide against a vendor if their conditions are unclear or unfavorable.

As a seller, I am using my own T&Cs (a little research can help to find suitable texts) as in the EU, you have to honor a 2yr warranty unless you specifically exclude it. Customer service is extremely important; if you receive a negative review from one of your buyers, this can have a fairly negative effect on your future sales: Either you won't find a buyer, or you won't achieve the prices you expected. So it pays to play fair and be co-operative.

Payment transactions have never been a problem. The PayPal system is well integrated in Ebay's claims regulation concept. They are the fastest and simplest option for international buyers; for vendors, their charges aren't too favorable.

Out of roughly 300 transactions, I've only once encountered a problem: A vendor filed for bankruptcy. But that's a problem you can fall victim to also in real life.

As to Amazon - that's a very well organized platform with smooth transactions. Again, the buyer has to be thorough and do his research thoroughly as after-sales customer service is underdeveloped (btw the same with Ebay). When buying directly from Amazon or via one of their fulfillment centers, delivery is lightning fast (I'm speaking of their performance in Germany).

#8 Steven K

Steven K

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Local time: 04:16 AM

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Well I took a chance I just ordered a silver/black X-E1 with the 35/1.4 lens from T Dimension.
They are running a "special" this weekend.
I paid USD $1,283.00 which include priority DHL shipping to the USA.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Steven

#9 Frankie

Frankie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts
  • Local time: 03:16 AM
  • LocationThe Left Coast

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

HK thrives on buying and selling, be it stocks, bonds, currency, cameras, watches...fake goods...

Often a merchant would buy in lower quantity pricing and sell at better discounts...betting the goods would be unloaded before the wholesale invoice is due. The profit margin may be smaller, but the key is fast enough action.

Unlike a "designer" handbag, Fuji cameras are not so easy to fake.

Unlike Rolex watches, the manufacturer could not afford its own undercover police.

Buying on eBay and paying with Paypal has its own buyer protection. The trick is not to buy from someone who lower the price but pad the [non-refundable] shipping charges. For higher ticket items, pay extra for track-able shipping...unaguable when disputes occurred.

#10 Woodfuji

Woodfuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

What is warranty coverage for a purchase from ebay? Most of these sellers say warranty is offered but that they are going to do the repairs themselves and one has to send it back to them vs sending it to a local fuji authorized repair place. This makes me suspicious that these sales are not approved by Fuji and warranty is not covered. Not sure I want to pay new prices and not have warranty or have to send it back to HK for repairs to someone who may or may not be authorized.

#11 cdodkin

cdodkin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I've used T-Dimension - excellent service and fast delivery from HK to the US.

I purchased a 3rd party transferable warranty to cover the kit I purchased as well.

Tax is somewhat random - it would vary by country, point of entry etc etc - i.e not everything seems to get checked/taxed

My last order came through with a $0 tax bill from the shipping company - excellent! :D

#12 Frankie

Frankie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts
  • LocationThe Left Coast

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

HK thrives on buying and selling......

Everything else you are on your own...you might be lucky that the thing does not need fixing within the warranty period [mostly], or the post office neglected the tax [happens to me 9 out of 10 times].

#13 curveship

curveship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

I've used T-Dimension - excellent service and fast delivery from HK to the US.

I purchased a 3rd party transferable warranty to cover the kit I purchased as well.

For anyone, particularly those in the US, a small warning: don't pick from the warranties T-Dimension lists in the dropdown of its page for the X-E1. Most are international warranties, which Mack says are void in the US. Some of them also offer too little coverage (like $250), others too much ($3000). The list seems a bit whack. I plan to purchase the warranty from Adorama.

#14 Steven K

Steven K

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Well I feel a little better I got a fed ex tracking # today from T-Dimensions

#15 cdodkin

cdodkin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

For anyone, particularly those in the US, a small warning: don't pick from the warranties T-Dimension lists in the dropdown of its page for the X-E1. Most are international warranties, which Mack says are void in the US. Some of them also offer too little coverage (like $250), others too much ($3000). The list seems a bit whack. I plan to purchase the warranty from Adorama.

That sounds like BS to me.

The Mack warranty I purchased from T_Dimension, is fully applicable in the US - in fact you take the warranty ID number T-Dimension give you, and register it with Mack via their website - so you know it's valid immediately.

This warranty is fully transferable, unlike the Fuji warranty - so it even has some benefits.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X-E1

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users