• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the world's largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE! or CLICK HERE TO LOG IN

Registration enables you to post in the community, and be notified to replies.

Other benefits: sharing photos, creating a photo gallery, get answers to technical questions, assistance with trouble-shooting, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is easy and simple. Become a part of the forum by creating an account. You can also log in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!

Note: after registering if you don't see the validation email, check your spam folder.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My First Camera

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 GaryX

GaryX
  • Premium Member
  • 4,337 posts
  • Local time: 08:00 AM
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

My first proper camera was a Yashica rangefinder. I was in grade school ... maybe 4th grade. Don't remember how I acquired the camera, but my Uncle had all the fixings for B&W development and printing and we, (my cousin and I), would turn a bathroom into a darkroom for our photographic work. No meter in the Yashica (or no working meter), used that camera until the wire connecting the leaf shutter wore out and all the blades just, sorta ... hanged down ... lifeless.

Gary

#32 Bobjack

Bobjack
  • 112 posts
  • Local time: 11:00 AM
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

My first capable camera was a Pentax Spotmatic II.  Bought in the early 70's and used right up until digital times with a three lens combo, the Takumar 24mm, 55mm and 100mm macro.  It is no coincidence I guess that my three Fuji lenses are pretty much equivalent to those old Takumar lenses -  currently using the Fuji 14mm, 35mm and 60mm macro on the X-Pro.  Too bad I sold the Takumars a couple of years before the X-Pro came out!

#33 Miyata610

Miyata610

• 2,119 posts
  • Local time: 01:00 AM
  • LocationTasmania

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content