• Create Account

Rebates Extended! New Rebate on 18-135mm

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Links!

Popflash - special instant rebate pricing on all new Fuji items, call Tony or Alex for details 805-492-6444 or 805-492-6548
Cameraland - call Jeff 212-753-5128 for pricing too low to advertise
Best Buy
Apple
B&H -- B&H Deal Zone
Amazon
Amazon UK
Adorama
Newegg

Clicking on these links helps offset the operational costs of the forum at no cost to you! Your support is much appreciated!

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

fastest flash trigger?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Local time: 10:16 PM
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

What is the fastest, cheapest, smallest wireless flash trigger I can put on my X100?

Are any able to sync at 1/4000 ?

#2 golgo13

golgo13

marksman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Local time: 03:16 PM
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Check my work out at http://www.themsquaredgroup.com/

#3 Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

well, in that thread you say that you should invest in better triggers to get more power at 1/4000 :)

#4 golgo13

golgo13

marksman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Local time: 03:16 PM
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

well, in that thread you say that you should invest in better triggers to get more power at 1/4000 :)

That's not a scientific statement but an observation. I can sync up to 1/4000th no problem with what I use wirelessly but I'm worried about if my flash power is getting reduced because I either have not changed my battery or my flash triggers are not ultra fast. I seem to be the only one on this forum that has achieved 1/4000th wirelessly and posted about it. I would buy the triggers I suggested because they are only $28 for a transmitter and receiver and they can sycn higher than pocket wizards and anything else people have tried. Also keep in mind I am using Vivitar 283 speedlites. Yongnuo's can't get you an exposure at 1/4000th though, but can get you a solid bright exposure at 1/2000th wirelessly. As you can read from some of the other responses, people can't believe I can even get these results with such cheap flash triggers and flash units.

You can hunt around the web like I did for a few months to research but I can tell you there is not much out there on this subject. I went out and bought all of this and it worked.

There may be many factors that need to be in place to achieve 1//4000th with a proper exposure. 1.brand of flash 2.brand of flash trigger 3. fresh batteries and 4. The x100 MUST have a fresh battery in it in order to trigger the flash properly at this speed (tested personally).

Check my work out at http://www.themsquaredgroup.com/

#5 Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

I've just tried an old Nikon SB-15 Speedlight (1979 ?) with cable and it can definitely sync at 1/4000.
I'l get those cheap triggers, thank for sharing your experience with them :)

#6 Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

do you think these are the same ?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I can't find the cowboystudio ones