• Create Account

Welcome to Fuji X Forum!

Welcome to the Fuji X Forum, the largest online community of Fujifilm X camera users!

Creating a forum account is FREE!

The primary benefit to registering is so you can post in the community, and be notified when discussions are updated.

Other benefits include uploading photos, creating a photo gallery, getting answers to technical questions and assistance with trouble-shooting, communicate with other members via private messages, elgibility for contests, and more!

Registering is a simple process that requires minimal information. Become a part of the forum by signing in or creating an account. For your convenience you can sign in using Facebook, Twitter or Google.

We take pride in being the friendliest photo forum on the net.

Come on in join the fun!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

First Pics with X-E1: Miami Int. Autoshow

X-E1

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sohcsleeper

sohcsleeper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 AM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hello all,

A few weeks ago, I acquired an X-E1 and was finally able to get out and give her a workout. Just a few pictures and you can check out the rest [

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Jpeg with some quick pp in LR3

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

-Tony

#2 Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Local time: 03:37 PM
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

try using a polarizer ;)

#3 nathanj

nathanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 02:37 PM

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

try using a polarizer ;)/>

Please explain why you say this

#4 Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Local time: 03:37 PM
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

with a polarizer filter you can control light reflections on all those shiny cars :)
try it, you just need a cheap linear polarizer.
it's also nice to have one when you are shooting landscapes because it can darken the sky by removing reflections caused by atmosphere.

#5 golgo13

golgo13

marksman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Local time: 08:37 AM
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

I'm liking what I'm seeing here. I can tell you like cars just like I do. The WAY you shot the cars show you have a respect for the lines and the details of the automobiles. You can tell the photographers that don't care or know nothing about the car except they are expensive and people are crowded around it. You picked smart angles. As far as the circular polarizer, I shoot a lot of cars with my Fuji x100 and you can control the reflections but you can't eliminate them, especially in the situation you were shooting in. They are great for removing the reflection in the windows but I would never want to remove those cool reflections on the car because those reflections define the shape of the car as well as the quality of paint. I think that gold Aventador was driving by Kanye West and Kim Kardashian on Halloween. She tweeted that car and I can't imagine there are many gold Aventadors in this country (thats a Dubai, Hong Kong thing).

Keep it up and next time shoot a Koenigsegg Agera R for me.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Check my work out at http://www.themsquaredgroup.com/

#6 sohcsleeper

sohcsleeper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 AM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

try using a polarizer Posted Image

I'll try using one next time, thanks for the tip.

It was definitely a difficult shooting condition, the Audi booth was especially terrible as all their cars were frost white and they had very intense spot lighting. Just like with any photograph its ultimately about how the light interacts with the subject/object that really defines what you're seeing.

Golgo13 you have some great modern work in your portfolio. Thanks for the complements and encouragement. I was actually disappointed with the Miami Auto Show, not many supercars.

-Tony

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X-E1

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users