I'm having a blast with the X-E1, it really is the kind of camera I was waiting for. Then again, there are some things that I would like to see changed or updated. So I thought we could share in this thread what updates or changes we would like to see in future firmware releases for the camera. Remember, just things that you believe can actually be done via firmware. Who knows, maybe Fuji is listening...
- Proper exposure preview: now it only updates when you half-press the release and you can't change exposure like that. Why not just show in real time the exposure adjustments?
- Focus confirmation when you use AutoFocus (AE-L / AF-L button) in Manual Focus mode. Why doesn't the box flash in green as in AutoFocus mode?
- Here's a big one (for me at least): updated Auto-ISO. Let us select a minimum shutter speed and ideally set a selectable Shutter speed to focal length ratio.
- The viewfinder has a much higher refresh rate when you keep the release button half-pressed. Give us that performance full-time!
- The AF in AF-C performs much better in low light than in AF-S. I know that probably involves losing some precision but I'm willing to accept that (or give us the option to choose).
- Flash compensation... I'd like to be able to go to 2 full stops.
Let's see your ideas!