This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

fastest flash trigger?

Discussion in 'X100, X100S, X100T, and X70' started by Fciapi, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Fciapi

Fciapi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

What is the fastest, cheapest, smallest wireless flash trigger I can put on my X100?

Are any able to sync at 1/4000 ?

2. MichaelMiller

MichaelMiller marksman

-Return to Top-

http://www.fujix-forum.com/index.php?/topic/6165-syncing-wireless-at-14000-is-awesome/

3. Fciapi

Fciapi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

well, in that thread you say that you should invest in better triggers to get more power at 1/4000 :)

4. MichaelMiller

MichaelMiller marksman

-Return to Top-

That's not a scientific statement but an observation. I can sync up to 1/4000th no problem with what I use wirelessly but I'm worried about if my flash power is getting reduced because I either have not changed my battery or my flash triggers are not ultra fast. I seem to be the only one on this forum that has achieved 1/4000th wirelessly and posted about it. I would buy the triggers I suggested because they are only $28 for a transmitter and receiver and they can sycn higher than pocket wizards and anything else people have tried. Also keep in mind I am using Vivitar 283 speedlites. Yongnuo's can't get you an exposure at 1/4000th though, but can get you a solid bright exposure at 1/2000th wirelessly. As you can read from some of the other responses, people can't believe I can even get these results with such cheap flash triggers and flash units.

You can hunt around the web like I did for a few months to research but I can tell you there is not much out there on this subject. I went out and bought all of this and it worked.

There may be many factors that need to be in place to achieve 1//4000th with a proper exposure. 1.brand of flash 2.brand of flash trigger 3. fresh batteries and 4. The x100 MUST have a fresh battery in it in order to trigger the flash properly at this speed (tested personally).

5. Fciapi

Fciapi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've just tried an old Nikon SB-15 Speedlight (1979 ?) with cable and it can definitely sync at 1/4000.
    I'l get those cheap triggers, thank for sharing your experience with them :)

6. Fciapi

Fciapi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

do you think these are the same ?
    http://www.phottix.com/en/phottix-tetra-wireless-flash-remote-trigger.html?___from_store=it

I can't find the cowboystudio ones

7. MichaelMiller

MichaelMiller marksman

-Return to Top-

Nope. Not the same. Get these.

http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-NPT-04-Speelights-extra-receiver/dp/B005IQRMN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353011890&sr=8-1&keywords=cowboy+studios+triggers