This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

First Pics with X-E1: Miami Int. Autoshow

Discussion in 'General' started by sohcsleeper, Nov 15, 2012.

1. sohcsleeper

sohcsleeper New Member

-Return to Top-

Hello all,

A few weeks ago, I acquired an X-E1 and was finally able to get out and give her a workout. Just a few pictures and you can check out the rest [HERE

Jpeg with some quick pp in LR3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

-Tony

2. Fciapi

Fciapi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

try using a polarizer ;)

3. thosewhotell

thosewhotell Member

-Return to Top-

Please explain why you say this

4. Fciapi

Fciapi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

with a polarizer filter you can control light reflections on all those shiny cars :)
    try it, you just need a cheap linear polarizer.
    it's also nice to have one when you are shooting landscapes because it can darken the sky by removing reflections caused by atmosphere.

5. MichaelMiller

MichaelMiller marksman

-Return to Top-

I'm liking what I'm seeing here. I can tell you like cars just like I do. The WAY you shot the cars show you have a respect for the lines and the details of the automobiles. You can tell the photographers that don't care or know nothing about the car except they are expensive and people are crowded around it. You picked smart angles. As far as the circular polarizer, I shoot a lot of cars with my Fuji x100 and you can control the reflections but you can't eliminate them, especially in the situation you were shooting in. They are great for removing the reflection in the windows but I would never want to remove those cool reflections on the car because those reflections define the shape of the car as well as the quality of paint. I think that gold Aventador was driving by Kanye West and Kim Kardashian on Halloween. She tweeted that car and I can't imagine there are many gold Aventadors in this country (thats a Dubai, Hong Kong thing).

Keep it up and next time shoot a Koenigsegg Agera R for me.

my x100 work

6. sohcsleeper

sohcsleeper New Member

-Return to Top-

I'll try using one next time, thanks for the tip.

It was definitely a difficult shooting condition, the Audi booth was especially terrible as all their cars were frost white and they had very intense spot lighting. Just like with any photograph its ultimately about how the light interacts with the subject/object that really defines what you're seeing.

Golgo13 you have some great modern work in your portfolio. Thanks for the complements and encouragement. I was actually disappointed with the Miami Auto Show, not many supercars.

-Tony