This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Found an LCD protector to fit X-Pro1

Discussion in 'X-Pro1 and X-Pro2' started by Fujimajor, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Fujimajor

Fujimajor Member

-Return to Top-

If anyone was looking for an LCD protector for the new Fuji X-Pro1, the Giottos SP 8306 fits without blocking any of the LCD viewing screen. The Giottos is listed as fitting the Canon EOS 450D and one of the Sony DSLRs, but not listed for the X-Pro1. After some careful measurements and perusing Giottos website for the measurement of the actual LCD screen, I ordered the SP 8306.

I received the Giottos SP 8306 today and mounted it to the right just a mm or 2 so the black frame of the Giottos doesn't cover the icons on the left side of the LCD. The Giottos will mount on the X-Pro1 LCD black frame surround and allow full view of the LCD screen for an unobstructed view.

2. tebnewyork

tebnewyork Member

-Return to Top-

I use protectors (film style -like for iPhones) on all of my cameras from screenpatronus. com I ordered the x-pro1 protectors over the weekend and should have them by Wednesday. I will report back then.

Cm Khor likes this.
  3. Fujimajor

Fujimajor Member

-Return to Top-

I have used the Zagg Invisible Shield myself on several cameras in the past, but wasn't completely thrilled with the lack of clarity. Therefore, my past three protector have either been Giottos or GGS. I like the clarity with either one of those.

Since the X-Pro1 is so new to release in the US, specific LCD protectors are hard or impossible to find right now. A situation that is sure to improve soon, I'm sure.

4. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Somehow, I don't quite understand how you mounted the protector: If you shift it right by a mm or two, then it ought to cover the icons on the left side of the monitor instead of leaving the view unobstructed. Can you show us a picture of the protector mounted on the camera, please?

5. wild05kid05

wild05kid05 New Member

-Return to Top-

Any 3.0" hard LCD protector (GGS ACMAXX Giot..)will fit the screen and bezel perfectly

6. Fujimajor

Fujimajor Member

-Return to Top-

Here is the pic of the Giottos. If it is not positioned correctly and carefully, one can cause the icons of "Drive, AE, AF" to be covered by the black frame of the protector.
    Hope this helps.

Not just any 3" protector will work as most screen protector measurements are diagonal. I had another Giottos 3" screen and placed it over the X-Pro1's LCD a to see how it fit. The regular 3" protector covered some of the viewable LCD. That's why I measured carefully by mm and located one that was correctly sized. But, each to their own.

Attached Files:

Kir likes this.
  7. robk47

robk47 New Member

-Return to Top-

I have the AC.MAXX and it works great and does not cover the little icons on the left. Just ordered a second one for my X10. $23 with free shipping from the West Coast...

8. tebnewyork

tebnewyork Member

-Return to Top-

I think the Zagg's are much heavier than the ones I use. Can't even tell they are on the camera and they come cut and sized for each different LCD - camera specific.

9. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Do you have an image of the screen protector installed on the camera?

Do you have a shop link?

10. aquaCA

aquaCA Member

-Return to Top-

I have the GSS and it fits perfectly. I'll post a pic later.

11. macmook

macmook Member

-Return to Top-

Model numbers for the ACMAXX and GSS?

Thanks

12. aquaCA

aquaCA Member

-Return to Top-

Got mine on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B001G4VS46/

13. macmook

macmook Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks - ordered one to give it a try.

14. Semla

Semla Premium Member

-Return to Top-

How about Vikuiti - 3M? I use smaller sizes Vikuiti for my X100 and it's ok.

15. aquaCA

aquaCA Member

-Return to Top-

GSS lcd protector on X-Pro1 (pics):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. RonSinclair

RonSinclair Member

-Return to Top-

Looks good. I'll have to give it a try. I have a film type protector on there now that I cut down from a smartphone size.

17. tebnewyork

tebnewyork Member

-Return to Top-

Screenpatronus.com lcd protectors arrived yesterday perfect fit (they come custom cut for each camera). I use them on every single camera.

18. damienlovegrove

damienlovegrove Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

This is really great info. I get what you mean about a nudge to the right. Thank you for taking the time and a bit of 'non understanding' stick for sharing this.

I've found the Schott glass coupled with the fantastic coating on the Giottos screen protectors worth the extra investment over other glass or film types. The rest exhibit a 'lift' with flare or fogging that means the shadows in the image are a bit washed out. The Giottos are clear and full of contrast.

Best regards, Damien.

19. wild05kid05

wild05kid05 New Member

-Return to Top-

Here is GGS
    [​IMG]

20. AsylumPHoto

AsylumPHoto Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've never really understood the point... am I missing something? I understand it on things like phones, but maybe I treat my cameras too well :lol:

pszilard likes this.