This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fuji 90 f2 might be melting camera(s)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Glovernotafighter, Nov 19, 2016.

1. starlights

starlights Premium Member

-Return to Top-

As others have stated, I have never seen a problem like this with my 90 or any other lens. If it is indeed melting (which is not very clear from the images), one temporary quick fix would be to cut a piece of black cine foil and put it where the melt seems to be happening. It will help with heat dispersion, if that is indeed the case.

2. supernova

supernova Member

-Return to Top-

Hey. Followed a link to this thread today and did not know this was a thing. I have the same thing on my X-T1. I have used the 90mm on this camera.

fujixt1_meltystuffsm.jpg

3. Glovernotafighter

Glovernotafighter Member

-Return to Top-

Well that looks like the same issue but I've never had the issue with the 90 on my Xt1 so I thought it was only a problem with some of the new bodies. Fuji ended up repairing the xt2 (although it melted after the first repair but the second repair was good) - after the repair I've tried shooting with every lens I own and included the sun in the frame and have had no further issues. Fuji said they replaced the sensor filter (or cover perhaps) and the surround around it.