This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 details leaked!!!!

Discussion in 'X-Pro1 and X-Pro2' started by whtchocla7e, Jan 5, 2012.

1. whtchocla7e

whtchocla7e Member

-Return to Top-

Fujifilm X-Pro1
    - custom 16-megapixel APS-CMOS sensor incorporating a new filter array and EXR technology
    - second generation hybrid viewfinder
    - 18/2.0, 35/1.4, 60/2.4 prime lenses

SOURCE: For your pleasure only

UPDATE: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=bdfc0ff5f16d8c2f0bf8805bbe6b2bfa&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.x100forum.com%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F3280-fujifilm-x-pro1-details-leaked%2F&v=1&libid=1325762599375&out=http%3A%2F%2Fphoto-cult.com%2Ftests%2FReponsesPhoto239-p8.jpg&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.x100forum.com%2Findex.php%3F%2Fforum%2F8-x100-news%2F&title=Fujifilm%20X-Pro1%20details%20leaked!!!!%20-%20X100%20Forum&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fphoto-cult.co...Photo239-p8.jpg&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13257626045821

2. Ultie

Ultie New Member

-Return to Top-

A big YAY for this.
    I've been waiting for an X100 with the ability to change lens for so long :x

3. brett maxwell

brett maxwell Premium Member

-Return to Top-

sounds great, but I'm really hoping a 35mm equivalent will come. they probably don't feel the need since the X100 has it covered.

4. matty_westside

matty_westside Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Focal lengths seem odd. Each of those would make more sense if the length was AFTER the conversion for APSC, not before.

Also, not sure how accurate this is as the XS-1 was announced back with the X10 and is not an interchangeable lens camera.

5. fearofhummingbird

fearofhummingbird Member

-Return to Top-

For my taste the focal lengths are near perfect (ah, maybe I would opt for a slightly shorter "normal" lens). Also it allows the x100 to retain its value as Fuji's answer to 35 length.

6. brett maxwell

brett maxwell Premium Member

-Return to Top-

28, 50, and 90mm are very traditional rangefinder focal lengths, so they do make sense in that regard. I'm just hoping they come out with the other common focal length, 35mm.

This press release seems to be announcing their 2012 lineup (at least the first few quarters), and since the XS-1 will first ship in 2012 it makes sense to include it.

7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Member

-Return to Top-

hooray

28mm a 50mm a 90mm equiv prime....... what great new

2nd gen vf....nice lets hope its gota bigger battery and surerfaster af and real mf

8. noahpurdy

noahpurdy New Member

-Return to Top-

I'm REALLY hoping these lenses have leaf shutters. If they do I very-well may sell off my DSLR kit for it.

-N

9. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

I'd hope so too, because this would ensure (a) that the camera would be similarly silent and inconspicuous as the X100, and (b ) it would enable high flash sync speeds for good small-flash shooting versatility.

OTOH, this would make it difficult to use this camera with lenses that do not contain a leaf shutter unless the camera would also feature some kind of electronic shutter function.

10. Vetiver

Vetiver New Member

-Return to Top-

Getting closer to the real thing? This article mentions a new APS-C CMOS sensor with X-Trans technology developed by FujiFilm.

Edit by Admin: Direct reproduction of this article is removed for copyright reasons. Let's all help to protect our forum against unnecessary litigations.

11. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Translation of the French article's main points:

[list = 1][*]Deliveries will start in March
    [*]Camera kit includes 35mm lens and will be priced around € 1,300
    [*]Other lenses will be priced around € 600
    [*]Camera features APS-C sized sensor (crop factor 1.5)
    [*]Sensor will feature a color filter pattern w/ 6 filter sites per pixel instead of the usual 4 of a normal Bayer pattern; no AA filter required -> higher native sensor resolution
    [*]60mm lens has macro capabilities
    [*]"X-Mount" bayonet system features 17.7mm flange-to-sensor distance, and features a minimum distance from back lens to sensor of 7.5mm
    [*]Hybrid VF w/ zoom function
    [*]VF features parallax compensation[/list]
    Points 5 and 8 sound interesting, and I hope they are correct.

The rather "fat" appearance of the lenses lets me hope they contain leaf shutters.

12. BigTam

BigTam New Member

-Return to Top-

The prices will be Euro prices, which include tax, usually at 19 or 20%. This compensates almost exactly for the USD:EUR exchange rate, so US prices will be around 1300-1400 for the kit.

13. Frankie

Frankie Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Long ago when the prospect that a Fuji-MILC was in the works, I posted that the new camera might well have a zoom-OVF plus EVF, the same in-the-lens B~1/4000 shutter, an EXR sensor, a new mount...

Despite the arguments that ensured...especially about M-mount...it now seems I was spot on. I also predicted that the new camera plus all the lenses [initially] offered, will cost less that just any one Leica glass...I was correct as well.

With the new X-mount 17.7mm flange-to-sensor distance, there is plenty of room for building shim adapters for M- or E-mount glass...albeit without RF patch, electronic camera functions or shutter.

I would be very happy with a 28/50/90mm equiv. lens array. I had never understood why macro mode in the X100's 35mm equiv. lens was so important. Macro mode in the 90mm equiv. makes far more sense.

I would keep or sell my X100 depending on market condition. My Leica, Zeiss, Epson and M-mount lenses will soon be for sale...along with a few pieces in my Nikon museum.

14. whtchocla7e

whtchocla7e Member

-Return to Top-

External AF using the small window above the lens mount?
    It has two small "sensors" on each side of a larger "sensor". Very interesting.

Could it be infrared AF? Phase detection?

15. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Nope. The "small window" probably is the AF assist light, and the two "sensors" actually are openings for a stereo microphone. So, the X-Pro1 rather has a video function.

16. Andephotographic

Andephotographic Member

-Return to Top-

Comes out in March, I get tax rebate in April. Perfect!

17. Iansky

Iansky Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Looks very tasty and it also looks as if they are going to do a 3 lens kit with case.

Time will tell and as long as IQ surpasses that of the X100 as well as having good build quality I will definately be interested.

Like many others and I reflected these views in a post elsewhere many months ago, I suspected the X100 was a "Toe in the water" punt from Fuji to see if there was a market for a rangefinder style retro camera with modern internals and producing high quality image, it is obvious from the popularity of the X100 as well as other manufacturers who are releasing retro style models that the pendulum has swung back and people are re-developing a taste for "What once was" with the outward appearance and control of an older camera yet with the modern internals and IQ of the latest.

I would suggest that if this camera is everything Fuji want it to be and it lives up to the hype IQ wise, Leica are going to have to buck thier ideas up - having said that, they have intimated that they will be releasing a new camera of sorts in 2012 so perhaps they are planning on an APS-C model to compete..........time will tell, but they need it.

18. Andephotographic

Andephotographic Member

-Return to Top-

Leica might have to postpone that release though if Kodak really do go tits up as it's them that make their sensors.

19. robert

robert Administrator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Any sensor technology that is good enough for Leica will survive Kodak reorg.

I'm most curious about whether the lenses have leaf shutters. My gut says no, but I guess we'll find out in a few days at CES...

20. Andephotographic

Andephotographic Member

-Return to Top-

Here's hoping.

I'm more worried about the Tri-X production line continuing to function.