This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Gallery of Adapted lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Forum' started by rybolt, Mar 13, 2017.

1. AdrianG

AdrianG Premium Member

-Return to Top-

E mount is obviously worse in the corners than X mount with Leica M glass, but it is a little soft along the edges. I see no reason why a 16mp Fuji should be any different than a 24mp. The Skopar resolves a little less detail at f/4 than the XF 23/2 at f/4 if you're into looking at your images at 100%, but it yields beautiful colour and contrast. I get clearly better results off of it than from the 23/2. It comes at roughly the same price, half the size, 10 times the mechanical quality and much better ergonomics. However, the 23/2 is a nice lens, it does auto focus and since the XP2 does AF-C now with FW3, it's still well worth having it.
    Below a comparison of OOC JPEGS, both at 1/2000, f/4, ISO 200:

XF 23/2:
    xf232.jpg

100%:
    xf232100.png

21/4:
    skopar.jpg

100%:
    skopar100.png
    Cheers!

2. AdrianG

AdrianG Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The corners didn't fit on the same post, so here they are. The 23/2 corners are obviously far superior.

I pushed the Skopar crop by a good stop, to make up for the vignetting, which certainly didn't improve IQ. This can be compensated for in-camera (with the Fuji M-Mount Adapter), but I like the vignetting most of the time and leave it alone. However, the in-camera fall-off-compensation obviously uses the RAF-data and might have done a better job of it. The 23/2 vignettes almost as much, but the camera corrects it by default.

Stopping down has little influence on the far corners, because this is not a problem of the lens.

Personally, I have no issues with the edges and corners of the Skopar, as this has no negative influence on my photography. But those of us, who need 24 million sharp pixels for a photo, should not consider this lens.

XF 23/2:
    corner232.png

21/4:
    corner skopar.png

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    gyoung likes this.
  3. fks

fks Active Member

-Return to Top-

Back in high school, I had a Fujica AX-5 with the 55mm f/1.6 and 200mm f/4.5. I got some good photos out of that combination, but sadly both lenses had a mold problem later in their life.

I found a copy of the 200mm on Craigslist several years ago, but it won't focus to infinity.

4. RogerLund

RogerLund Active Member

-Return to Top-

Hmm I'm over 50.. maybe 60 adapted lenses ... where to start ??

5. mnhoj

mnhoj Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've had many just not at the same time.
    This was a fav. Vivitar 85mm 1.8 preset T mount.
    [​IMG]
    manyblades
    by john matsu, on Flickr