This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Gordy's neck strap/X-Pro 1 questions

Discussion in 'Fuji X Accessories' started by wilburpan, Jul 6, 2012.

1. wilburpan

wilburpan New Member

-Return to Top-

A few questions for all you Gordy's strap users out there:

1. Neck pad or no neck pad?

2. Given the issues with lug wear, split ring or string ends?

2a. If you answered split ring, strap bumpers or not?

Thanks!

2. Hassebasse

Hassebasse Member

-Return to Top-

Hi

I use a Gordy's adjustable strap (no neck pad) and find it my best camera strap ever! I simply love the quality (and look I have to admit) of it. Mounted the rounded rings.
    Note! since it is kind of squared shape it will not move around easily on your chest. I like that but some may prefer a smooth strap instead

I can only recommend it.

3. stormhalvorsen

stormhalvorsen Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have a sling with a split ring lug mount. It does not require any kind of leather bumper as the metal ring will never come in contact with the camera body! (due to the thickness of the leather where it is connected to the split ring)

I would say neck pad, yes definitely. Even though the camera isn't heavy. (for a sling you're going to have a place where the ends of the loop are joined anyway). The camera is somewhat light for use with a sling and tends to bounce around a lot. I need to have a hand constantly holding it in place when walking or it will start dancing. I suppose you wouldn't have that problem with a regular strap though.

If it wasn't for the fact that I now use the Fuji grip, I would possibly have ordered a strap with one end connected to the tripod mount. This would be good as the tripod mount hole is off centered and I think the camera would hang quite nicely on its side that way.

4. Skulmoski

Skulmoski Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Bump

I too am undecided whether to order the neck strap with or without the neck pad for my X-Pro? What's your opinion?

GJS

5. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Thread moved to accessories section for better searchability.