This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Lost lens cap - what size to get?!

Discussion in 'About the Fuji X Forum' started by Jake Rusby, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Jake Rusby

Jake Rusby New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi all. I've managed to misplace my fujifilm xe2 front lens cap. Does anyone know what size cap I need to replace it? A link to one would be great!

Thanks in advance.

2. robert

robert Administrator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

What lens?

3. George Komiotis

George Komiotis AKA Photogeo180

-Return to Top-

4. GregWard

GregWard Premium Member

-Return to Top-

As the others have suggested there is no such thing as a Fujifilm X-E2 front lens cap. You're either after a BODY cap (what you put on the camera when you remove the lens) or a LENS cap for a specific lens. If t's the latter then, if you say which lens, one of us should be able to tell you what replacement you will need. Also you can look at the front of the lens and see what it says there. There will be lots of numbers/letters/etc but you should be able to see a couple of numbers after a 0 with a diagonal line through it. For example on a Fuji 10-24 the numbers would be "72", on a Fuji 14mm they would be "58" and so on. These numbers are the filter thread for that particular lens and would tell you what you needed to know.

Of course if it is the body cap you need then that's common to all Fuji X cameras.

5. Jake Rusby

Jake Rusby New Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks for your help!
    Then number is 0slash 58. So does that make it a 58mm cap for 55mm lens? It is confusing and there are so many available!

18-55 that came with the camera

6. robert

robert Administrator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

58mm filter thread and cap, correct. That's the filter size of the 18-55 lens.

7. Jake Rusby

Jake Rusby New Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks! I've bought this which comes with filters and should hopefully do the job!! Appreciate your time!!

Rangers 3-Piece Filter Kit for 58mm Camera Lens Includes 58mm Filter Kit (UV, CPL, Neutral Density ND8) + Carrying Case + Snap-On Lens Cap w/ Cap Keeper + Lens Cleaning Cloth + Lens Cleaning Pen