This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Problems with imagetransfer from X-T2 to pc/laptop and Windows10

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by René Diepenbroek, Oct 31, 2016.

1. René Diepenbroek

René Diepenbroek New Member

-Return to Top-

I did some testwork because importing images from my new X-T2 with Windows Explorer and MyFinePisStdudio did give huge problems. Importing was unpossible with an USB3/USB2 connection to my PC. After some images were imported both programs came in a complete hang-up situation. My 2 memorycards are from SanDisk: Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-II card 64G. Next things I performed:

• Searching on the internet had minor results. I found some messages about problems with importing/exporting with the X-T2.

• The continues transfer of image files from the camera to the pc crashed consistent after having transferred several number of images (not always at the same number) . At the testing there were between 100 and 250 images on a single memory card. I did transfertests with Windows Explorer and MyFinePixStudio. The same happened when I tried to transfer images to my laptop. On both machines is the operating system Windows10 (most actual updates, also Windows10 Anniversary Update).

• I checked on both systems for the most actual USB-drivers: present. On the Intel site nothing to find/read about problems with USB-drivers and Windows10.

• I used my imagetank NextoM1. This system works with a Linux operating system. Result: without a single problem all my images were transferred to the NextoM1. Both memorycards in the X-T2 in backup-mode.

• Again searching the internet (now spending more time) and I found that certain Intel drivers have problems with Windows 10. Very probably are those driverproblems following the major Windows update of a few months back. The drivers do not work correctly.

• After this I got a laptop with Windows7: no problem in transferring images.

• I installed on my pc besides Windows 10 on a separate SSD Ubuntu with its own bootloader. Ubuntu uses its own USB-drivers with the same hardware of course. Result: No problem in transferring images to my pc.

The conclusion is for me clear:
    1. The Intel USB Enhanced Host Controller along with Windows 10 (with the latest updates) don’t function in a correct way together with my motherboard (ASUS P9X79-E WS equipped with 64 GB ram). It’s waiting now until Intel comes with good working drivers.

2. There is no problem with the Fujinon X-T2 as I thought in respect to USB3/USB2 transfer.

Perhaps some X-T2 owners have the same problem as I experienced. I hope my testing and what I found will help you.

René

2. Goldingd

Goldingd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Lot to read thru, so I will ignore doing so .

What I would be looking for is how you are attempting to copy the files. Are you:

(1) Removing the SD card from the camera and pLacing the SD card in a reader connected to the computer
    or
    (2) Leaving the SD card in the camera an Connecting the camera to the PC?

3. Goldingd

Goldingd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Also, on the PC side of the equation, next time it crashes, note the time, then after a reboot, use the event log viewer and look for a critical error(s), then google that error for a fix/remedy.

4. René Diepenbroek

-Return to Top-

Hello Goldingd,
    1. I first removed the SD card into a SD card reader. Windows did not see the SD card reader at all.
    2. I left the SD cards in the camera and made the connection camera <-> pc. Some images were transferred and then 'stop'.

René

5. René Diepenbroek

-Return to Top-

Hello Goldingd,

Perhaps you should read my post. My pc did not crash: Windows Explorer and MyFinePixStudio did nothing anymore after having imported some images. Even closing the program in 'a normal way' was unpossible. I could only 'close' with the taskmanager.

Greetings, René

6. Goldingd

Goldingd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You may want to call Asus support. Not an answer for your laptop (make/model), but visiting the Asus web page for your PC MB (ASUS P9X79-E WS ) indicates no support for Windows 10. Support page does not list any drivers for Windows 10)

ASUS Global

ASUS Global

7. René Diepenbroek

-Return to Top-

Hello Goldingd,

Thanks for the information. I will contact Asus.

Greetings, René