This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

SDXC 128GB Card

Discussion in 'X100, X100S, X100T, and X70' started by Darcy1968, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Darcy1968

Darcy1968 New Member

-Return to Top-

I cannot get my SDXC 128GB Card to initialise with Macbook Pro & my #X100s using a Moshi Cardette Ultra reader. There is a loop happening where I format the card in camera but it wont initialize on my Macbook Pro. When I then initialize using disk utility etc. and place back inmy camera it wont initialize and has to be reformatted...and so it goes.

Solutions welcomed?

2. PeterPrism

PeterPrism Active Member

-Return to Top-

3. Darcy1968

Darcy1968 New Member

-Return to Top-

I do have this but am not sure your suggesting as a solution for a brand new sandisk card? :)

4. Frenchman

Frenchman Member

-Return to Top-

Are you using FAT or exFAT in Disk Utility, and not HFS+? The Fuji likely only understands those.

5. Darcy1968

Darcy1968 New Member

-Return to Top-

I went to disk utiility --> exFAT --> erase but when I put the card back in my camera it says it it full and I need to erase/format.

6. Darcy1968

Darcy1968 New Member

-Return to Top-

I did as suggested but the same loop exists unfortunately.

7. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

I've read a number of reports on this forum that Fuji X Series cameras might have a problem with memory cards equal to or larger than 32GB. Below that size, everything works fine.

Maybe you should not put all your eggs into one basket and rather use several smaller cards? It's not like a smaller card won't last you for a full day of frantic shooting ...

8. Darcy1968

Darcy1968 New Member

-Return to Top-

The card will work in teh camera and I can see the shots taken but will not initialize in my Macbook Pro.

I do have a number of cards but wanted a BIG one for video and a wandering month OS (I will also back it up).

9. Darcy1968

Darcy1968 New Member

-Return to Top-

I think my Moshi Cardette Ultra reader is the problem. I need a new, updated one that is SDXC compatible (I think).

10. PeterPrism

PeterPrism Active Member

-Return to Top-

Found a lot of forum full of discussion about mac and compatibility with big SDXC Cards. It is a problem related the mac not the Camera. I think that with latest release of mountain lion ther is no more problem but i have not a card so big. You have to find a solution to upgrade your OS. Sorry this is what I found surfing in internet. cheers.

Darcy1968 likes this.