This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Thinking of changing over...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Chadders, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Chadders

Chadders Member

-Return to Top-

Respect to him; thank him for his service from me. Do you know what squadron? What aircraft serial number?

I've been fortunate enough to have had a fast taxi ride in in NX611. The thrill of hearing those four Merlins being wound up, and the then the brakes being release, is something else.

2. Chadders

Chadders Member

-Return to Top-

Many thanks for your reply. It's good to have a reference when entrusting ones valuable items to a third party with whom one has had no previous dealings.

3. bobjar

bobjar Active Member

-Return to Top-

I think this is the most comprehensive answer. As Narsuitus implies, no one system will meet all needs - take an X-T2 for a test drive and go from what you learn there. Be interested if you'd post your ultimate solution.

Bob

Narsuitus and Chadders like this.
  4. Chadders

Chadders Member

-Return to Top-

I appreciate that there is never going to be one single solution...that's why I have a cupboard full of obsolete cameras of various types and eras already. However, this time my wife has put her foot down. But seriously, one needs to assess what one's main requirements are, and try and find the optimal kit solution based on my main interests and needs. As I said, most of my photography now revolves around international travel and hill/mountain travel on foot. Whilst I would love to keep the Canon gear as well, I just cannot see the circumstances were it would get much use to justify it. It's taken a lot of heart searching to reach the stage where I have admitted that advancing years and an aching back, means I need something more compact and lighter.

Cheers.

5. bobjar

bobjar Active Member

-Return to Top-

Understand...best of luck

bob

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Chadders likes this.
  6. Chadders

Chadders Member

-Return to Top-

Well I've been and gone and done it! I'm now the owner of an X-T2 c/w 18-55 f2.8-4 and a 55-200mm. In the end I couldn't resist the £200 extra trade in, plus I got the grip for half price. Now I need to get out and give it go...hopefully this weekend.

SpudX likes this.
  7. SpudX

SpudX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Welcome to the World of X! You'll never be the same :D

Chadders likes this.
  8. kojack

kojack Member

-Return to Top-

Welcome to fujiland! I agree you will never be the same. I have been around 4 different systems and now back to what I started with. FUJI. There is just "something" about Fuji photos. I can tell a photo that's taken with a Fuji camera. there is just "something". The colors pop more, they look more dramatic, in a natural way, not a pushed way. I am not sure I am making sense. But I did this a half dozen times already on various forums I am on that are not related to cameras at all. I would say, looking at a picture of a jeep or something, that was taken with a Fuji camera right? they would be like how did you know that...I say, I just know! You will love the photos from it.

Chadders likes this.
  9. FMW

FMW New Member

-Return to Top-

I was a Nikon shooter since 1965. I owned many of them loved the product line. I used the cameras mostly for professional commercial photography along with Mamiya and large format equipment. But I'm old now and I don't do pro photography any longer. I'm no longer willing to lug all that stuff around since I don't need to. So I did what you are considering. I sold the entire Nikon collection and bought a couple of simple Fuji X bodies and a couple of lenses. The images are of professional quality and the cameras are small and light. It was a good move for me. Good luck with the decision.

10. double00

double00 New Member

-Return to Top-

52 years is a long time and many changes in photography over those years. With all your past experience, I am interested in what lenses you decided to buy for your Fuji bodies.

11. FMW

FMW New Member

-Return to Top-

I bought an X-A3 with the kit lens and the 50-230 zoom and an X-E1 body. I intend to pick up a 60 macro lens for my internet product photography but I find the inexpensive zooms to produce excellent images. An example is below taken with the kit lens at the 16mm setting.

1source.jpg

1source.jpg