This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

travel food photography

Discussion in 'General Photography Discussion' started by jimmy92186, Mar 20, 2017.

1. jimmy92186

jimmy92186 Member

-Return to Top-

I spend most of my time shooting street, wildlife, landscape/cityscape photography. I love to travel and I'd like to add some food photography to that. With travel, and at home, I don't have a studio and that type of photography has never been my focus. Where can I get good advice on techniques and also on gear for easy set up food photography. While traveling, it usually involves shooting at the table or wherever the cooking is happening. I know little things like using napkins as reflectors but wanted to maybe get a little more in depth advice. Thanks.

2. spudl

spudl Active Member

-Return to Top-

Try YouTube, if you just search for "photographing food" you'll find plenty to help you.

3. CWRailman

CWRailman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The lighting of food is very important and some positions of the light might be surprising to you such as having the light slightly behind the subject. I have gotten my best, though not up to top notch status by sitting at a table next to an outdoor window and using exterior illumination to provide the lighting. While there may be others that are appropriate, you might like "Feeding the Eyes" in this group of tutorials. He is a master of lighting
    Lighting Tutorials

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017