This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-Pro 2

Discussion in 'X-Pro1 and X-Pro2' started by cyberprimate, Feb 8, 2012.

1. cyberprimate

cyberprimate Active Member

-Return to Top-

The number 1 in the X-Pro 1 suggests there will be an X-Pro 2 some day. Not for now obviously but it will exist.

What kind of change can one expect? Could it be an improved version of the X-Pro 1 or more like its big brother with FF format?

2. nat3970

nat3970 Member

-Return to Top-

At this stage its pure guesswork....I think that if Fuji is really serious about addressing the professional/enthusiast end of the market (and they certainly appear to be serious about it), then they likely have full frame model on their X roadmap.

Too much emphasis has gone into image quality for Fuji to ignore the obvious benefits of going full frame. Beyond improvements in IQ (using same sensor technology but applying it to full frame) it would also facilitate going "wider". This is going to prove important in a camera format that is not ideally suited to going "ultra long". Eliminating the "crop factor" would be an important evolutionary step for X line particularly as they expand use of high end glass (Fuji, Leica, Zeiss etc).

There are few things Fuji can do to X-Pro line that would more clearly signal their ascendancy to the top end of the market than to offer a FF option.

3. cyberprimate

-Return to Top-

The X-Pro 2 you're describing would be logically even more expensive than the X-Pro 1. That would be a lot of money. Cheaper than a Leica but one needs to have strong attachment to mirrorless cameras to not get a Nikon D800 and the like instead.

4. whtchocla7e

whtchocla7e Member

-Return to Top-

Going FF is a decision you make VERY early in the design stages.
    If these new lenses are aps-c then don't count on a FF camera unless it's a completely different product line.

5. cyberprimate

-Return to Top-

Yes, designing another series of lenses for FF format along tne APSC series would demand a big budget. But how many lenses available does Nikon have for their DSLR? More than a hundred vs 3 for the Fujis…

6. PraxisPictures

PraxisPictures Member

-Return to Top-

weather sealing and a rangefinder patch for manual focusing would be pretty sweet.

how complicated would it be to add the rangefinder patch?

7. siuleung

siuleung Member

-Return to Top-

Personally I would prefer a high definition EVF, around 5k, with focus peaking in the hybrid VF rather than an actual rangefinder mechanism. Maybe they can do a "digital" version of the rangefinder where a second sensor triangulates the focus distance rather than physical mirrors. The problem is I don't think you can use both a classic rangefinder along with autofocus, and I wouldn't be willing to give up autofocus.

8. whtchocla7e

whtchocla7e Member

-Return to Top-

If a cheap film camera can have it, I don't see why an expensive digital camera couldn't.

9. bwcolor

bwcolor Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've been very disappointed in my X-Pro1. I thought that it would be a camera that I would warm up to, but I haven't. In fact, the fricken camera hasn't even come out. So, how can I know what needs to be improved other than say everything?

flysurfer likes this.
  10. flysurfer

flysurfer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I'd like to skip the X-Pro2, but I am very interested in the X-Pro3, so can we please discuss this camera and its improvements over the X-Pro2?

Thank you!

JSRockit, Watcher24 and Arjay like this.
  11. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

I admire your common sense, Flysurfer. :lol:

12. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Glad you said it :lol:
    At this stage all I want is to get my hands on a XPro1 with a 60mm lens attached.

13. cyberprimate

-Return to Top-

The reality is that Fujifilm has probably been working on the X-Pro 2 already by now.

zen likes this.
  14. zen

zen Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

good job :) +1 they have been working on it for quite so time probably

15. shashinka

shashinka 写真撮影馬鹿

-Return to Top-

No X-Pro4, it wouldn't sell well in Japan. (4 (shi) is unlucky number, as shi can also mean death)

16. Moshiden

Moshiden New Member

-Return to Top-

Jesus, the X-Pro1 has even come out yet. Its like asking a pregnant woman when will she expect another baby.
    My predictions for the X-pro2 will be lightspeed fast AF, MF will be done by thought, 2x full frame sensor. All
    of this fitted into something the size of my breathe mint box =)

17. flysurfer

flysurfer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

And don't forget to ask what things she will improve on when raising the second one compared to the firstborn. ;)

Anyway, the next X-Mount camera is in the works, will probably be announced at Photokina and could be available in maybe a year. It will be a cheaper, smaller, lighter variant of the X-Pro1, basically a "consumer version" to further promote the X-Mount and the expanding lens roadmap. Fuji managers unofficially announced this camera at CES.

Money is made with selling lenses, so Fuji (like any other camera and lens maker) wants to offer a broader basis for this system. Just look at Sony or Panasonic, they have so many different bodies for their systems.

18. MattPowell

MattPowell Member

-Return to Top-

These discussions are always a bit amusing - how hard can it possibly be to throw in a rangefinder mechanism that works with the projected framelines and EVF? No biggie! Where's the full-frame mirrorless, that can't be a design problem even though there are a total of two full-frame mirrorless bodies being made, to the tune of $7k and 8k?

With all the amateur camera designers and engineers on the Internet, it's amazing how few camera companies there are...

19. cyberprimate

-Return to Top-

You're speaking about the X-Pro 7 here.

20. viramati

viramati Member

-Return to Top-

Come on Guys it's got to be the x-pro10