This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X100 No Flash in Silent Mode Anymore?

Discussion in 'X100, X100S, X100T, and X70' started by Eightysevens, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Eightysevens

Eightysevens New Member

-Return to Top-

Does anyone know if Fuji will be re-updating the latest X100 firmware to allow flash to operate in silent mode again?
    It's so time consuming having to disable silent mode every time I want to use the flash and vice versa. It is seriously curtailing my enjoyment of using this beautiful camera. But mainly I really dislike the sounds. I have no idea why it's designed to make pre-recorded samples of other cameras operating anyway? Surely that just eats up that little bit more battery.

I emailed Fuji a couple of weeks ago, they never replied to the ticket.
    Otherwise, does anyone have a link to roll back the firmware to the previous version?

Thanks.

p.s. I did try finding this in the forum but had no luck, I'm a newby here and can't find the search window.

2. Flood

Flood Active Member

-Return to Top-

Turn off silent mode, then turn off all the sounds and lights. Voila, flash works again. That's how it always was.

koorelle and Richard_R like this.
  3. Eightysevens

Eightysevens New Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks for the workaround, but my flash used to work on silent mode. Now silent mode serves no purpose.

4. koorelle

koorelle Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Maybe after new firmware update things changed.

5. GDRoth

GDRoth Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If you do what flood says you still won't have any noise

6. hockeymagnet

hockeymagnet Member

-Return to Top-

Silent mode allows you to QUICKLY change to completely silent mode (no flash, no shutter sound, no focus assist, no focus confirmation), no matter what other settings you are using - so it does serve a purpose. If you disable all sounds and focus assist indivdually as has been suggested, then the only purpose it serves for you is to quickly disable the flash but most users have some sounds enabled such as focus confirmation, etc. Although I have a x100s, I think they work the same and I highly doubt you would want to roll back the firmware just for this. If it's just the sounds that bug you, just turn them off.

I believe you are mistaken with respect to silent mode prior to the firmware update. Check page 21 in the x100 manual:

7. Richard_R

Richard_R Eccentric

-Return to Top-

I'm surprised. None of the flashes on my Fujis have every worked in silent mode. One of the things with silent mode is that it disables the flash and the focus assist light as well as the noise.