This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Young couple lives worldwide and shoots with Fuji

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by MariusM, Jan 10, 2017.

1. MariusM

MariusM Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Good on them!

guzzi850m2, maroo, Mk1 and 3 others like this.
  2. PBJello

PBJello Member

-Return to Top-

Very nice!

3. 4 Candles

4 Candles Member

-Return to Top-

Young couple living the dream with drone, camera crew and very deep pockets. Very slick movie with a little too much journeying and self discovery for us mere photography mortals.

4. Mk1

Mk1 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It was still inspiring yep a little slick and too produced but very lovely photos and at 55 it makes me feel like doing a pension grab !!

5. Fthomas

Fthomas Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Very well done and certainly not on the amateur side. Great images! Who said "get in front of better subjects ......" paraphrased.

6. NYRich

NYRich Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've seen a bit of their work in the new RRS magazine. Full-time travel is, unfortunately, out of the realm of possibility for most of us, but we can dream.

7. maroo

maroo Member

-Return to Top-

Love this!! when you come in Dublin MP me and we can meet for a beer, or an Espresso in my own home if you prefer!!!

8. guzzi850m2

guzzi850m2 Active Member

-Return to Top-

Very nice film clip, very professional made.

I lived at some stage out of a (some) suitcase(s) in Thailand, left my suitcases at one hotel in Bangkok when going for oil off-shore work.

After +1 year I got feed up with it and rented an apartment in Bangkok and used that as a base when traveling around in the Kingdom.

I ended up with; wife,kids, a dog, nice house, pick-up truck, a couple of motor-bikes and at this stage of my life, I fell very good about that.

9. Richdog

Richdog Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Well maybe I'm in the minority, but I certainly wouldn't want to be travelling full-time... I like having friends and a social life and stuff. I do enjoy my holidays though.

10. kerrydeare

kerrydeare X-T1 Diehard

-Return to Top-

I did the "travel thing" for almost a decade on a small yacht, and single-handed at that. Somehow I managed "friends, a social life, and stuff" while underway. Believe me, it can be done, and done quite well. Memories and the friends encountered are only minor examples.

Now, a bit later along, I'm living ashore with family, friends, and additional conveniences. So far the difference seems to be that I'm less likely to drown. Please don't mention this comment to my wonderful wife.

maroo likes this.
  11. nwcs

nwcs Former Gear Addict

-Return to Top-

I've heard it originated with Joe McNally.

12. xanadu

xanadu Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks for posting the video. I'm envious, just a little.

I've traveled a bit in the past few years. Can be tiring. Possibly because I was new to it.

Am curious how they did some of the videos. Did they have a videographer go with them?

I like the aerial shots. Were they shot with a drone? Some (when camera followed the car) looked like ones from a helicopter, but I'm sure that would have been too expensive.

Also, were some shots done with a slider? Clearly some are done with a slider (I think!) but the ones around the Japanese temple with the cherry blossoms, they look like the camera would have been too high in the air for a slider.

13. nwcs

nwcs Former Gear Addict

-Return to Top-

Usually these sponsored people (you see them on instagram all the time) have a team of people filming and photographing them. For example, the traveling blonde girl who's super popular has a team of about 4 people as her entourage everywhere she goes.

14. gremlin75

gremlin75 Member

-Return to Top-

I really like Elia Locardi's work. That was a cool little video was well. Nice to see him shooting fuji, pretty sure he used to be a Nikon shooter. Might be a dual system shooter