This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

27mm (Pancake 2.8) Issues

Discussion in 'Native X-Mount Lens Forum' started by maz.mc, Jun 1, 2017.

1. maz.mc

maz.mc New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi all,

I have a Fuji X-T10 with a few different lenses however for the last 6 months or so, my 27mm has been playing up and it's now becoming a real pain.

Basically when i turn the camera on, a red light flashes and i cannot press any buttons. I cant focus (auto or manual).. the camera is unusable, i cant even access the menu. I usually take off the lens and replace it, sometimes i have to do this quite a few times and it will eventually work, occasionally it will work after removing the battery and memory card. But if i go into play mode and back again, im at square one.

Solutions I've tried:
    Updating firmware on both camera and lens.
    Cleaning lens & camera contacts
    Trying the 27mm lens on other cameras (X-T2) - produces same error.

I use this lens alot for food photography so Im hesitant to send it away for weeks. Any ideas??
    Thanks in advance!

2. robert

robert Administrator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

If it causes problems on two bodies there likely isn't much option other than having Fuji service it

3. StephenL

StephenL Pixel scutcher

-Return to Top-

I had this problem with my 27mm a couple of years ago. Turns out one of the focus motors was faulty. Got the lens replaced under warranty.

4. rixpix

rixpix Member

-Return to Top-

If you have any filter or hood or non-original cap attached, remove them, power cycle and try again.

5. Jim D

Jim D Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Just went through this with same result as Stephen. Focus motor. Easy test, cycle camera on and look closely at the lens as it tries to move in and out on start up. If the movement is minimal then as you turn it off gently push in on the lens surround to fully seat the focus position. Then try restart. This got my lens working again but told me I had a focus motor problem. Fuji repair was 125$

6. maz.mc

maz.mc New Member

-Return to Top-

Hello,
    Thank you everyone! I think you're right StephenL & Jim D - I did get away with it working after pressing in, but only once or twice so have contacted Fuji for repair. Cheers for the help!