This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

A FABULOUS Macro Conversion Lens

Discussion in 'Fuji X Accessories' started by Dick Quinn, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Grippa

Grippa Active Member

-Return to Top-

I removed the Fuji thread protector ring but this exposes a male thread, unusual for this industry. Actually I had forgotten what was on there because I removed it on the first day and installed a protective glass over the movable focus mechanism. I am travelling and the original trim is at home in the box. I looked at the Filter Adapter Ring on eBay and that is what I require. I don't want to order the Raynox lens until I know it will fit. And yes I will get the step down ring as well to make a better job of it.
    Thank you for your assistance Jamie, you have been most helpful.

If anyone is interested in this conversation, the X100T makes an excellent lightweight hiking camera, with a very suitable focal length for landscapes. The Raynox lens will be for macro when hiking as I've found I am getting too much dust into my X-T1 changing lenses and extension tubes. Another great use for this superb little camera!

2. jamie allan

jamie allan Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Grippa,
    If you look at the calculator on the extreme macro site you can calculate the magnification factor for the X100T 23mm lens. According to the Fuji site specs for the X100T 23mm the magnification factor is 0.25 on it's own. With the Raynox 250 you'll get 0.48:1. I use mine on a Fuji X-T1 with 50-230mm lens. At 230mm the magnification is 2.4:1 and the working distance is about 110-120mm. I've seen a comment that the Raynox was designed for focal lengths from 100-300mm.

3. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Nice work Carolyn.

How much do I need to save up?
    :)

4. Grippa

Grippa Active Member

-Return to Top-

I've got the Fuji extension rings for my XF 50-140mm but this is all too heavy on three day walks, and in unsuitable environments to be changing lenses. I don't understand magnification factors, can you tell me in layman's terms, if I buy a Raynox for the X100T, will the object fill more of the screen? and how close do I have to be?

5. jamie allan

jamie allan Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Grippa,

Here's another calculator from the extreme macro site that lets you calculate magnification and working distance.

Please login or register to view links

To find the requisite information from Fuji

Please login or register to view links

So the standard lens without WCL or TCL has a shooting magnification factor of 0.25 (or 1:4) with a minimum focus distance of 100mm(10cm). Therefore the Raynox increases the magnification to 0.48:1 ie just less than half size. This is almost double the magnification of the lens on it's own. The working distance appears to be 5.56 to 12.5cm.

Raynox.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 8:43 AM
  6. Grippa

Grippa Active Member

-Return to Top-

Thank you Jamie, I really appreciate your help, I've also found some examples online. It may not be the best way to shoot macro, but it may be the best for hiking with equipment.