This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Adobe DNG converts inB&W

Discussion in 'Fuji X Post Processing' started by North Sullivan, Apr 20, 2017.

1. North Sullivan

North Sullivan New Member

-Return to Top-

This is probably a simple thing but when I convert my RAF raw files ( X100F) Adobe DNG Converter (9.10) gives my only B&W files. No color info. Must be a check box somewhere I haven't found.

2. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric

-Return to Top-

Do you have black and white set as your jpeg default?

3. North Sullivan

-Return to Top-

Thx Richard, no I don't.

4. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric

-Return to Top-

I found this answer on an Adobe Forum. It relates to the same issue you have but when the photos are imported as DNGs into Lightroom. You have not specified whether you are using LR but the info could be handy as a pointer if nothing else.

"Possibly you've inadvertently changed the default develop settings (to include B&W) for a specific camera or ISO setting. To check, take one of the B&W DNGs into the Develop module, press and hold the shift key and the Reset button bottom-right will change to "Reset (Adobe)". Click on it, and does the image revert to colour? If so, yes that's the problem....to fix go to Develop Menu>Set Default Settings and click on "Restore Adobe Default Settings" in the resulting dialog box"

5. North Sullivan

-Return to Top-

Thanks again Richard I'll give that a go. BTW I'm using CS6 and Bridge.

6. North Sullivan

-Return to Top-

No, unfortunately I can't seem to work this out. I've reset the defaults in Bridge and Adobe Raw. But its the Adobe DNG Converter that's causing the issues and there doesn't seem to be a default reset of preference setting. Got me stumped. I have processed on my desktop back at the studio from this camera all OK. But the new laptop is the culprit. Frustrating as I'm not back in Aus for another week.

7. Samoreen

Samoreen Member

-Return to Top-

Hi,

Could you please make one of these RAW files available for download along with the resulting DNG ?

8. North Sullivan

-Return to Top-

Just to follow up on my issue here.

I decided to wait until I got home to resolve the problem. When I opened bridge this morning, everything appeared in colour. I really have no idea how or why. But at least its resolved itself. Maybe adobe's DNG Converter doesn't like the Asian climate :)

Thanks for your interest in helping.