This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Boudoir session

Discussion in 'Portraits, People, & Pets' started by Rok Breznik, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Rok Breznik

Rok Breznik Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Boudoir session.

Fujifilm XE-2
    Fujinon 56 1.2 (wide open)
    Fujifilm X100s

Model: Please login or register to view links

Processed with Silver effects - Ilford delta 400 PRO

More photos on this link - Please login or register to view links

DSCF2534-Edit.jpg

DSCF4561-Edit.jpg

Scott Burkett likes this.
  2. nimbushopper

nimbushopper Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Very nicely done, looks just like the old days of film!

3. JRick

JRick Premium Member

-Return to Top-

i rarely have problems showing tattoos, but in the second shot her left arm could have been rotated to either show it or hide it. the way it is "leaking thru" is a distraction in my opinion.....which of course doesn't matter that much //lol//
    - regardless.....with portraits, boudoir or otherwise, it's the attention to details that separate the good from the great

Brian Kimball and Rab46 like this.
  4. visorvet

visorvet Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Love #2!
    If only I’d thought to have such photos taken of myself when I was 20 or 30 years younger.

Rok Breznik likes this.
  5. I'd like to see a wee bit of post work on her face in both images to brighten her up a bit to match her body skin tone.

I agree with JRick, clone out the tattoo or I would have had her turn her arm so it is more visible.

Shot #2, I would work on her eyes to add a highlight to add some life, without highlights they look too flat for my liking.

6. George S.

George S. Premium Member

-Return to Top-

They are beautifully done shots of a beautiful model. It's great to see a model that looks healthy and not like she had only consumed lettuce and water for the past several days. (Don't knock me. That is exactly what one Fashion Week model said recently)

7. Rok Breznik

Rok Breznik Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks for comment. I wanted this series to look muted and natural. I have color versions of the same photos, that are heavily edited.

8. JRick

JRick Premium Member

-Return to Top-

good example of how different people view the same photo differently. my first reaction was that it had its share of editing applied. but with that said, I don't use Silver Effects so I have no idea how it processes.

i would like to confirm this shot was taken in natural light with a X100S with the lens set to its normal focal length ??
    - i shoot lots of portraits and boudoir and i'm deciding if i should get the teleconverter since the digital zoom only comes out as a jpeg. most models i shoot are sensitive about their body weight so i have to watch perspective and not add any perception of weight from lens distortion :) that is challenging when shooting wide focal lengths
    - although i realize it's not PC these daysto talk about the stereotype "slendor" shape of models being desirable, unless my model is full figured, they ALL prefer to be shot in ways that emphasise "slim", and do not like to see the camera add any pounds that aren't already there :)
    - it doesn't just apply to their torso, arms, legs, etc. they like their face to be shot in ways that look the 'slimmest' :)
    - i'm not making judgements or saying what "I" prefer......just stating what has been my experience shooting female models