This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Camera remote app

Discussion in 'Forum News/Forum Support' started by sentimentalbloke, Jul 12, 2018 at 6:52 AM.

1. sentimentalbloke

sentimentalbloke New Member

-Return to Top-

i have a iPhone X. I have installed the Fujifilm Camera Remote app which I have updated. I have an XT 1 and and X Pro 2. In my previous iPhone 4 the app worked ok with both camera.
    I have followed the routine to connect the cameras to the iPhone. However I get the message “unable to join the Fujifilm x t1 090e” network
    This occurs when trying to connect the pro 2 as well.
    Further when opening the app the page does not have the four options that were previously there eg Remote Control, Receive, Browse Camera, Geotagging.
    Any suggestions would be garatefully received.
    Peter

2. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Are you talking “Bluetooth” or “wireless”?
    I’ve never had much joy with Bluetooth but wireless works fine, that said the app needs a thorough overhaul!

3. sentimentalbloke

-Return to Top-

Hi Mike, just WiFi. I had heard it needed to be upgraded and when I used it sometime ago it was ok but pretty clumsy.
    I really only want to use the remote shutter release and might be better getting something that just does that task.
    Do you have any experience with the simpler solution.
    Thanks for your reply
    Peter

4. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

My steps:

Set the camera to wifi mode
    Go to control panel on iPad or iPhone
    Select wifi and choose the cameras wifi as the network
    Launch the Fuji app

Also good to have latest version of app and firmware to ensure compatibility.

fugu 82-2 likes this.
  5. fugu 82-2

fugu 82-2 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I also had issues getting the new version to connect with my H-1. Finally I found a "Reset" setting on the app, and after mashing the button everything was fine.

F2Bthere likes this.
  6. sentimentalbloke

-Return to Top-

Thanks for your reply. I had a bit of luck with the reset option once then it reverted to the problem again. Reset won’t repeat the connection.
    Have bought a wireless release not associated withe phone or the app. Just too hard and unreliable.
    Love my Fuji’s but not the app.
    Best
    Peter

Mike Gorman likes this.
  7. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

As Derek has said is what I do, sometimes and don’t aske me why it’s been necessary to press OK on the camera.
    That said the app is a tad on the clumsy side! and could do with a massive update.

It should be useful tool for Fujifilm cameras but it just isn’t, bear in mind the app takes time to get going, so using it turns out to be ponderous. Another but is that it doesn’t seem possible to swap between elements of the app without the app wanting to disconnect!

8. sentimentalbloke

-Return to Top-

9. sentimentalbloke

-Return to Top-

Your comment Mike just about sums up the experience I have had with it. Having got through the camera and the phone talking to one another by resetting the app each time and pressing the ok button on the camera it has disconnected every time I have wanted to change an element.
    Not going to persist any further.
    Thanks for keeping up with my problem.
    Peter