This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Firmware v3 changes

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by Bruce McCammon, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Bruce McCammon

Bruce McCammon New Member

-Return to Top-

After my X-T2 to version 3 I am required to push the OK button to leave the image preview on the LCD. It does not time out at 1.5 seconds as set in my settings. This happens ONLY when I shoot using the EVF. If I shoot using the LCD to compose the image shows for review for the 1.5 seconds and disappears. Why would the image review stay on constantly and require me to push OK to remove it when I compose through the EVF? Is anyone else seeing this?

2. Doug Pardee

Doug Pardee Active Member

-Return to Top-

It's the EVF display mode you're in. You're in the "like a DSLR" mode, where you take pictures with the EVF and they're automatically presented on the LCD until you press the OK button.

Use the View Mode button to change to whatever EVF display mode you prefer.

Please login or register to view links

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    DaveX likes this.
  3. Bruce McCammon

-Return to Top-

Thanks for your thoughts but I get the same result no matter what view mode I set (LCD only, Eye only, LCD and Eye). I’ve shot 1000's of images without this happening. Now, after upgrading to 3.0, I need to push “OK” to remove the preview image. I can also half press the shutter button to remove the preview. And, again, this only happens when I shoot using the EVF, not when I compose using the LCD. Very mysterious.

4. gremlin75

gremlin75 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It's one of two things. You're either in eye sensor + LCD age display for a view mode (mine switchers to that after upgrading) or your image display setting is set to continuous (set up- screen set up- image disp)

5. Bruce McCammon

-Return to Top-

Well, again, thank you for your thoughts. I have cycled through all 3 view modes (LCD+Eye, Eye only, LCD only) and get the same results.

When I go to Setup/Screen Setup/Image Display it is set to 1.5 seconds as it has always been since I got the camera.

Still hunting for a solution. In the meantime I am adapting to the new step required to turn the LCD image review screen off automatically. At some point I expect I will forget to turn it off and find the batteries dead. Hope not but it could be.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

6. Doug Pardee

Doug Pardee Active Member

-Return to Top-

If you're only seeing three view modes, you're cycling through the Playback modes, not the Shooting modes. There are 5 Shooting view modes. Be sure you're not in Playback (half-press the shutter should do) and cycle the View Mode.

7. Bruce McCammon

-Return to Top-

Thanks for continuing to help.

I finally figured out that if I set the view mode to "Eye Sensor" the camera performs the way I want it to. I believe that I had purposefully set it to "Eye Sensor + LCD Disp" in the past.

Regardless, I am good now. Much of this will remain a mystery to me but the camera is performing as I want. Problem done.

Thanks again for your help.