This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fuji 15-45mm lens

Discussion in 'Native X-Mount Lens Forum' started by CWRailman, May 16, 2018.

1. CWRailman

CWRailman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Has anyone actually tried the Fuji 15-45mm lens. Not something you read but actually tried yourself and if so what did you find. I am considering this lens to be put on my X-T20, flipping it to full auto mode and handing it to my lady who has absolutely no photographic experience for use on our motorcycle trips. As with me, she does not like the restrictions of fixed focal length lenses and I already have other variable focal length lenses but I thought this might make a small light weight package for her to use when we are on our trips.

I did try one that was on a X-A5 at a Best Buy and I am not quite sure if it was operating properly. I had read that it had two zoom speeds but it seemed to me that I could only actuate one speed.

2. pszilard

pszilard RemektekMedia.com

-Return to Top-

I don't have this lens, but a Please login or register to view links will show shots taken with it and then you can judge the results yourself. I think virtually all Fuji lenses produce nice results so you can't go wrong. I see that you already have the 18-55mm and the 18-135mm zoom, which IMHO are the 2 most "versatile" lenses. If it was me, then I would give her one of those to use and save buying something else, which may be slightly lower IQ and extra $$. Just my 2 cent's worth...

3. SausalitoDog

SausalitoDog Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I got one as an early Father's Day gift...you get what you pay for with this lens. It's sharp enough but slower than the 18-55 by a full stop.

It's very light - plastic, which was my main reason to buy it...thought it would be a great walk around lens. My main disappointment is the way it zooms...you twist the barrel and then it mechanically zooms - kind of like it's a zoom switch as opposed to a mechanical twist to accomplish the zoom...the lag drives me nuts. For now I put it on my old xp1 which I rarely use any more...we'll see over time if I get used to it.

jknights likes this.
  4. joe aka back alley

joe aka back alley Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Please login or register to view links

been using it since it was released. for the price it's a great little pancake lens.
    typical xc build and weight...but being careful helps to keep it safe. it's sharp enough for my needs, makes a great daily carry lens.
    fine for outdoors but need to be careful indoors with that very slow aperture.

5. F2Bthere

F2Bthere Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Stores, especially big box, tend not to update firmware. Don't know if this is a factor...

6. EduardX

EduardX Member

-Return to Top-

I purchased and returned an X-A5 with the 15-45mm. I returned it because my wife ultimately decided to use my backup X-T20 body with the XC 16-50mm II. The zoom was frustratingly slow in my opinion but the results were very good. This was taken with the X-A5 and 15-45mm.

X-A5_Samples_06.jpg

7. CWRailman

CWRailman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks for the replies. The comments on the zoom response are in agreement with what I found at the store when I played with the X-A5 and 15-45. Your comments on the quality confirmed my suspicions.
    @EduardX I also have one of the 16-50II lenses which is mounted on the X-T1 I keep in my shops for recording projects and have done some tests with it on the X-T20. I might just let her try that lens on the X-T20 as she does not need the aperture rings that I have become so enamored with on Fuji lenses. Thanks for all who took the time to comment. I appreciate it. :)

tijuana taxi likes this.