This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fuji Repair, Edison, NJ experience?

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by runswithsizzers, Aug 12, 2018.

1. watertight

watertight Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Have recently completed the cycle with Fuji NJ, and my experience was excellent. My 55-200 shipped in July, 2017 with unacceptable zoom creep that I kept under control with a LensBand. I loved the lens but increasingly lost patience with the workaround required for handling. The lens was about three weeks out of warranty when I decided to go ahead and call the NJ facility to see if there was any policy tolerance that might reduce my expense in getting the zoom tightened. The required labor should be about an hour I was told, and my contact said they'd see what they could do re: the warranty.

Sending my lens required online completion of a form, using the Fuji website, and sending a copy of the completed form as well as proof of purchase and the serial#. I also used the original box as an extra step to protect the lens during handling.

I received an email on what appeared to be the day following receipt of the lens in NJ. It outlined their practices re: estimates and the obligation of the owner to accept or reject an estimate. If they hear nothing back, after a specified holding period, the gear will be returned and the process ended.

The email provided all I needed to monitor the progress of their repairs which they aimed to complete on all jobs within 10 days of receipt. The email gave me a job# and a link that let me check the status of the work as many times a day as I wished -- actually useful to see when it was completed. In my case "In Process" was the status shown following receipt and until it shipped. Ideally, something a little more granular would be welcomed, but it's hardly a necessity.

The lens was shipped back, with the glass cleaner than when I sent it. I am satisfied to the extent that I'll spend 20 minutes hunting and pecking the keyboard on my iPad to share my experience with our forum members. I can not come up with any aspect of the entire cycle that was not a credit to Fuji NJ's professional approach. I am a satisfied customer of their facility.

fugu 82-2, lindyhop66 and Saijin_Naib like this.
  2. Saijin_Naib

Saijin_Naib Active Member

-Return to Top-

I've had excellent conversations with both Steves about various cameras, and the repair staff there fixed my wife's X-A1 & kit lens quickly and without any issue. The Steves also did me a huge solid and upgraded my X10 with the new lens/sensor assembly out of warranty. I have nothing negative to say about anyone there I've dealt with.

3. blacksheep

blacksheep Seeker of Light

-Return to Top-

Oh dear...I just sent them my 16mm for repair.

4. cug

cug Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Good luck. Sometimes they seem to be okay. Sometimes not.

lindyhop66 likes this.
  5. lindyhop66

lindyhop66 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I bought an X-T2 the day it was released and two weeks later had to send it to New Jersey for repair. I had to call and email multiple times to find out the status.

I talked to someone different every time I called and each person told me a different story about when it would be shipped back and what was being repaired. Once I was told the sensor would be replaced and another that the shutter assembly would be replaced.

I got the camera back after 6 weeks with a form that didn't mention what was done, but on the back was supposed to be a form for sending it back if there was still a problem. the back of the sheet was blank. I also got an email that had a link for giving feedback. The link was dead.

All I can say is that I did get a repaired camera back, but the communication was lacking. I felt at their mercy.

6. lindyhop66

-Return to Top-

It sounds like they've have added the ability to check on progress online now.

7. lindyhop66

-Return to Top-

It sounds like they are much improved since my experience in September 2016.