This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fuji X-T2 and remote app for video - only 720p?

Discussion in 'X-T3, X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by SimonTheSorcerer, Dec 16, 2016.

1. SimonTheSorcerer

SimonTheSorcerer New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi all,

I tried to use the Fuji remote app on Android for video, and I found it rather unusable, because it would only record at 720p and it wouldn't allow you to focus, not even before hiting record.

Then I saw this video:

Apparently Take could both focus using the iOS app, as well as record 4K video.

So now I wonder if it's a limitation of the Android app that it can't do either of these things, or if it's something else. I didn't find any information of this problem online.
    If it does work it would be very useful, as it can be used as an external screen.

Could someone verify if 4k recording and focusing is actually possible using the Android app?
    Thanks in advance.

P.S.
    I did set 4K in the movie settings, and I also tried toggling scaling option for the WiFi even though that would only affect movies copied on the phone, so it is irrelevant.

2. XQSTUDIOS

XQSTUDIOS New Member

-Return to Top-

I have tried using both android (Samsung s6 and galaxy tab)) and IOS (iPhone 6) and remote app on both platforms recorded video only at 720p at 29.97 frame rate, no matter what video setting was pre selected in camera. This makes this app useless for video shoots unless one specifically wanted to shoot at 720p. In some cases, there is also color shift when using the remote app versus pressing record on the camera itself. Makes no sense.

3. CapturingMedia

CapturingMedia New Member

-Return to Top-

I'm suprisied not one else has brought this up have anyone found a fix?

4. Jee

Jee New Member

-Return to Top-

I believe most people use the app for shutter release taking stills. I've recently found out about the 720p only mode while shooting a video production. With 4k video capability coming to most of their cameras, I think they should have a fix for this. GoPro doesn't have any problem recording 4k via mobile app. Having the app on mobile connected wirelessly is great when you have your cam on a gimbal doing run n gun.

5. Jo Morgan

Jo Morgan New Member

-Return to Top-

First I had this issue with the XT2's and now I'm getting the same thing with the XH1. Doesn't matter what my settings are in camera, as soon as I switch to the remote it changes to HD 720 29.97 fps. Has anyone figured out how to get it to default to 4k?

6. anhsnaps

anhsnaps Member

-Return to Top-

Not possible at the moment, app needs to be updated to fix this flaw.

7. XQSTUDIOS

XQSTUDIOS New Member

-Return to Top-

Does Fuji have any plan of updating the app in order to resolve this issue we are experiencing?