This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fuji X10 problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Trollas, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Trollas

Trollas New Member

-Return to Top-

Hello!
    I have got a problem with my camera - LCD is not responding, otherwise it's fully functional.
    I was told somebody tried to update the firmware, then when prompt command about charging the battery showed up, camera was turned off to charge it up. LCD didn't work ever since and we cannot update it as its already newest version on it. (LCD works in update mode, however there is no backlight)

Anyone know how to rectify it?
    I was thinking - maybe a software reset would be enough? Could someone, who got same camera, could tell me exactly which buttons to press to "highlight" reset and prompt on my "blind" camera?

Thanks!

2. AdrianG

AdrianG Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The camera explicitly tells you to make sure the battery is charged prior to updating and not to interrupt the process once initiated. I think it's a case for the Fuji service center at the owner's expense, if they fail to do so.

3. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric

-Return to Top-

There has not been a X10 firmware update for about 6 years. I’m surprised somebody was trying yo do one.
    I suspect you will need to return it to Fuji for them to sort out but you might want to try taking the battery out and leaving the camera for a couple of hours then putting the battery back in. Sometimes this will cause a camera reset.

Edit: Blindly pushing a sequence of keystrokes to attempt to reset the camera is unlikly to work because as it stands you don’t know what the currently displayed menu item is so you have no way of being able to calculate the required steps from where you are to where you need to go.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  4. Goldingd

Goldingd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Asking an off the wall question just to not assume it was not tried. Pressing the DISP/BACK button does not change from LCD Off two one of the other four (Info DISP, I think is next in the cycle ) options.

5. Richard_R

-Return to Top-

Nice thought but there is no ability to turn the EVF off on the X10. You can only select between 4 different display options.
    The X1o has no shooting or playback info in the viewfinder which is simply an optical tunnel so it is not like the X100 or X-Pro series products.

6. Goldingd

Goldingd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

He is talking about the LCD, and right in the manual, pressing the DISP/BACK button will cycle thru five options, LCD off one of them.

Page 6 : Please login or register to view links

7. Richard_R

-Return to Top-

I had my EVF and LCD confused but I did try it on my X10 and there was no LCD off option when I cycled through with Disp/Back and I have just tried again,
    There are now only four options the LCD off option no longer exists on the V2 firmware.