This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fuji XT-1 with Godox X1T-F and Godox TT685-F won't fire manually.

Discussion in 'Fuji X Flash and Artificial Lighting (LED, etc.)' started by Wurdz, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Wurdz

Wurdz Member

-Return to Top-

I am having a hard time trying to get the flash to fire manually, I have the X1T-F mounted on the XT-1 set to manual. I also have the TT685 set to slave on manual group A channel 1. I can get it to fire TTL but when I attempt to try to fire the flash manually its a no go. Can anyone please chime in to advise what i caould be doing wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

2. inkista

inkista Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

How do you have Group A on the X1T-F set?

3. Wurdz

Wurdz Member

-Return to Top-

I have it set on M, the thing is if I set the XT-1 to multi it works. If I set it to TTL along with X1T-F it fires.

4. trainer

trainer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I am triggering my TT685 with another TT685 and I can get my off camera TT685 to fire manually on my XT-1. Try setting in the camera flash menu to TTL and see if that works but keep your flash to manual. That's what's working for me.

jknights and Wurdz like this.
  5. Wurdz

Wurdz Member

-Return to Top-

Thank I'll definitely try it out. I do really like the TT685 and the X1T-F I can't wait to add more lights. I think I'm going to pick up an AD200 next.

6. Flerida

Flerida New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi guys! I am a newbie in using flashes for photography and I have recently purchased Godox TT685F for my Fuji XT10. I cannot seem to make the HSS work in my XT10. Can u guys help with me this?

7. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Yes this is the approach I would take.
    I dont have a TT685 but instead have the TT350-F which works in a more integrated manner as it is newer so it may have the latest and greatest firmware implementations of the Fuji protocols from Godox.

The Fuji flash protocols are still in development so we are still in tester mode.

8. inkista

inkista Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

It will never work in HSS. The XT10 is not one of the four bodies that's capable of doing HSS in the Fuji X lineup. The only four bodies that can do HSS are the XPro2, the XT1, X-T2, and X-T20. HSS capability in the cameras was only added in 2016. The XT10 is a 2015 camera, and so far there's no firmware update to add HSS capability.

Flerida likes this.
  9. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

With my Nissin i40 (original firmware) I can get HSS on my XPro1, XE1, XE2, and also XT1 prior to recent updates.
    I still have my i40 (original firmware) so it doesnt work with latest firmware for XT1, X-T2.

10. Flerida

Flerida New Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks for the response! Looks like I need to upgrade my camera soon :)