This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Godox XT1-F issues firing AD600

Discussion in 'Fuji X Flash and Artificial Lighting (LED, etc.)' started by Tom Walsh, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Tom Walsh

Tom Walsh New Member

-Return to Top-

Curious if anyone has experienced issues specifically with using the XT1-F trigger firing the AD600? I was using both on my XT=1 with no issues until today when it just stopped working. I can fire the flash if I hit the trigger button but not when I take a picture. I can however fire the flash perfectly fine when using the TT350 as the master on-camera. Also I can still fire my TT350 off camera using the XT1-F. It just won't fire that AD600 at all. Tried it on the X100F as well and nothing. I see others online with other systems have had similar issues. Any help or recommendations are appreciated.

Just updated the AD600 with the latest firmware, as well as the XT1-F. I had been using the AD600 with an older firmware with no issues for a handful of shoots before today's complete failure.

2. bobbyzfx

bobbyzfx Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Is X1-F seated nicely in the camera hot shoe? I haven't done any real world shoot but inside the house my XT-1, X1-F and AD200 as well as AD600 are working fine.

3. Tom Walsh

Tom Walsh New Member

-Return to Top-

I believe so. It works fine on my other godox flash, just won't fire my AD600. I'm going to pick up another unit and do a sanity check. Its an Adoroma Flashpoint R2 that I just got so I'm going to look into their return policy if this new one works. Very sad as I love love love the AD600 but I can only use it as an optical slave now and with my 22" beauty disc and 60" octobox that limits were I can shoot from.

4. bobbyzfx

bobbyzfx Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Mine is working fine.

5. inkista

inkista Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Did you try resetting both the trigger and the light after the firmware updates? From Please login to view linkse:

6. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Unhelpful for you but my X1T-F and AD600 work brilliantly together.
    Sounds like you have switched off the connection between X1T-F and AD600.
    Are you sure that you have correct settings for channels matching.
    Also make sure to check the settings f0 and f1 for the X1T-F.

7. Tom Walsh

Tom Walsh New Member

-Return to Top-

Ok, Adoroma sent me a new X1T-F trigger. I got everything up-to-date and notice that the new firmware for the X1T-F has a new custom function which has to be set to 1 for the X100F. So I got it all setup for the X100F and everything works perfect, the AD600 flashes everytime! Stick the new unit on my XT-1, set the last custom function to 0, still nothing. Set to 2, nothing. Set to 1, nothing. I can't fire the AD600 from my XT-1 anymore. I'll keep trudging along and if anyone sees this and has the same issue please let me know.

8. Tom Walsh

Tom Walsh New Member

-Return to Top-

X1T-F custom settings: 1: 00 , 2: -- , 3: in , 4: -- , 5: 1/128 , 6: -- , 7: 03 , 8: on , 9: -- , 10: -- , 11: 00

I just reset my XT-1 and the AD600 worked multiple times. I switched to my other XT1-F trigger and now it doesn't work with either again and reseting the XT-1 doesn't do anything. Now I don't know which X1T-F was the new one and the old, but I'm thinking maybe my old one is actually busted and has a corrupted signal to the AD600 (works with the V860ii-F, V850ii, and TT350 and also will fire the AD600 fine from the X100F). Is there any hidden flash setting on the XT-1 that might be getting changed?

jknights likes this.
  9. Tom Walsh

Tom Walsh New Member

-Return to Top-

Ok, I think I figured out my issue. I am using 1.2v rechargeable eneloop batteries in my trigger. I didn't know they had a lower voltage than the 1.5v throw away batteries. I just threw in some 1.5v aa batteries and everything works. Thinking the trigger needs at least 1.2v to get the 2.4 GHZ signal out and if it dips just below that no dice, and I'm also assuming that the ad600 must need a stronger signal to communicate as my other units, even if further away, worked fine. Why the x100f worked is beyond me but I'm praying this will solve all my issues.

inkista and trainer like this.
  10. bobbyzfx

bobbyzfx Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have 5 yr eneloops in all my X1 triggers and no issues. And I have like 6-7 of these triggers.

11. Tom Walsh

Tom Walsh New Member

-Return to Top-

yeah man you're right, put the eneloops back in and it works, but only if I use custom setting 11 set to '01' or '02'. No idea what my issue is as I def tried all this the other day and nothing worked. But I guess if it works now I'll roll with that.

jknights likes this.
  12. Tom Walsh

Tom Walsh New Member

-Return to Top-

Just curious if some else could share their custom settings with me, in particular that last setting: 00 - general fuji, 01 - X100T/F, 02 - setting to apparently if the other two show issues triggering the flashes. If anyone is like me and switching between an X100 and XT-1 for their shooting that would be ideal. Thanks

13. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

I use eneloops in my flashes and triggers without issues.
    It might be your charger is not charging them sufficiently.

14. bobbyzfx

bobbyzfx Premium Member

-Return to Top-

There is a custom fn to select camera? I can check mine later tonight.

15. Tom Walsh

Tom Walsh New Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, if you have the latest firmware V03, which lets you use the trigger on the X100T or X100F, they added two custom functions
    upload_2017-9-19_11-24-51.png
    Presently C.Fn-11 set to '00' doesn't work for me on the XT-1. '01' and '02' seem to work fine.

16. bobbyzfx

bobbyzfx Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks Tom. Will check mine tonight. I do remember updating FW to latest version.