This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Greetings from New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Jeff Fa-Fa, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Jeff Fa-Fa

Jeff Fa-Fa New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi everyone. Starting from nearly square 1. I just gave away a camera to my daughter and I'm thinking that a Fuji may be right up my alley in terms of size, price and functionality. I'd like to mainly concentrate on wildlife photography since I travel quite a bit. Next trip is China so hoping to have made a camera choice and be reasonably proficient by the time I get there.

As a newbie I can only beg forgiveness if I come out with simple/crazy questions. I'll try to do some research before I post anything to outlandish :)

Thanks

Jeff

leoda1945 and Tomosius like this.
  2. Tomosius

Tomosius Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Welcome, Jeff. As I have learned even stupid posts are dealt with gently (personal experience) and appropriately.

"Live Free or Die" is THE best state motto in the USA (from a one time Down Easter (Kennebunkport, ME).

Tom

3. watertight

watertight Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Greetings from the Lakes Region of our state, Jeff. I gave my DSLR to my daughter after making the leap to Fuji over two years ago. Haven't looked back since then and am still in love with my Fuji kit. It's put fun back into those wonderful hours spent "just going out to take some pictures."

Fear not re: questions. This forum has very knowledgable members who do their best to help one another -- particularly someone new to Fuji and with plenty of questions.

Terry

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  4. Carolyn

Carolyn Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Welcome from the Seacoast!

I sold my Nikons and lens a few years ago when I discovered Fuji and what a wonderful system it is. I shoot profesionally and for fun. For wildlife my favorite set up is the XH1 and 100-400 or 50-140.

I haven’t put my XT3 through it’s paces since Adobe hasn’t updated it’s raw processor yet. I will say I am surprised at how much I love the ergonomics and shutter of the XH1 though. I’m secretly hoping the AF and new sensor aren’t that much better on the XT3.

Jeff Fa-Fa likes this.
  5. Jeff Fa-Fa

Jeff Fa-Fa New Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks everyone ... really happy I found this site. It is an absolute treasure trove of information. I'm already confident in the camera lens combination I have chosen for upcoming trips. Now the big decision ... wait till cyber monday or pull the trigger now . :)

6. VintageJim

VintageJim Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Hahaha! I gave my Canon DSLR outfit to my daughter too! Had no idea it was such a common think to do.

Jeff Fa-Fa likes this.
  7. Carolyn

Carolyn Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Most are on sale now so I’d take advantage. Fuji doesn’t follow traditional sales.

8. Max Fstop

Max Fstop Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Welcome to the forum ;)