This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Heads up: Affinity Photo App $10!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy — Deals — Heads Up' started by liggy, Dec 7, 2017.

1. liggy

liggy GASaholic Camera Fondler

-Return to Top-

I have this app and at $20 I thought it is a bargain. IMO at $10 it is a slam dunk.

Please login or register to view links

2. Hugh Jammer

Hugh Jammer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Pity it's just for the Apple market and not Android.

3. intheviewfinder

intheviewfinder Premium Member

-Return to Top-

There's a Please login or register to view links, but it crashes - a lot. Not worth the trouble to download.

4. Hugh Jammer

-Return to Top-

Thanks, yes it doesn't seem to have a good user rating.

Might give it try, on second thoughts I see it contains Ads - I won't bother!

Looks to be a 3rd party ap pretending to be the official Affinity product written by a developer called Cool Hotdog. No mention of it on the Affinity website. Cool Hotdog's support email is a Gmail account!!!

5. GregWard

GregWard Premium Member

-Return to Top-

To clarify - do you mean the Affinity Photo on Android specifically?

I imagine so - because the one on the iPad says "Serif Labs" as the Developer and seems to have quite good ratings?

6. Hugh Jammer

-Return to Top-

Yes, sorry. I was referring to the Android Ap. As you say the Apple one is a genuine serif product and has good ratings as you'd expect.

Unfortunately (or maybe not (!) I don't have an Apple device) and the Android version would seem to be an Ap pretending to be an Affinity product.

GregWard likes this.
  7. GregWard

GregWard Premium Member

-Return to Top-

That seems to me to be (as they say) "well naughty" (i.e. pretending to be an App that exists for computers and iOS but not Android). Not sure what would happen if Serif decided to launch their own version?

From what I understand these pretences exist even in the Apple/iOS store - where there's very little excuse for Apple not to stop it. I'd assume it's much harder to effectively police in the Android world?

8. Hugh Jammer

-Return to Top-

There seems to be lots of apps with similar names and logos. But as long as you look who's the developer it's easy to spot. My partner has a iPad/phone and that "world" seems a lot more tied down.

Which perversely is why I'd always buy an Android and would never have an Apple. But each to their own, I don't fall out with my partner over it.