This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Hello ! Another immigrant from DSLR land here!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Parptarf, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Parptarf

Parptarf New Member

-Return to Top-

Hei there.

I'm guy from the far off country of fresh fish, which is also known as Norway. (The fish part is an old forum joke I made with a Swedish friend of mine) Early 20's, not single, likes long walks on the beach and bla bla bla.

Now that's out of the way, let's get into the real introduction. I've been doing photography since 2009 or someplace around there, but I've had an interest for as long as I can remember. I'm currently doing car photography and sports. But I do love street, portraiture and landscape shooting as well. Started out shooting Canon initially, but I got tired of the focus and the absolutely terrible ISO performance the cheaper ones had back then. So I migrated to Nikon pretty fast. Shot a D3100 for a while, then got to a D7000, which was fantastic. My Fullframe adventure started with a D3, a camera I deeply regret to selling. Then I made the mistake of getting a D600. Now I'm a happy D800 shooter, well, sort of. Been what you might call a Nikon fanboy for 7-8 years, and still is in some way. I still believe Nikon makes some of the best cameras available. But I'm tired of the cost, I'm tired of the size and I'm tired of them not releasing a proper replacement for the D700. I looked at the A7 for a while, like everyone else. But after thinking about it, and working in a camera store, I distanced myself from that idea altogether. Just as expensive as Nikon and even bigger lenses. Not to mention the rest of the A7 series' flaws. So hello Fuji, maker of the most beautiful digital cameras and a bunch of great lenses.

Oh, I shoot analog as well. Old Russian rangefinders for now, but I did have some fun with both Nikons and Leicas a few years back.

derekwolrige likes this.
  2. DaveX

DaveX Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Hi and welcome to the Fuji X forum, I have only just joined this site a while ago. You will get a lot of help and advice from the members.

3. derekwolrige

derekwolrige Active Member

-Return to Top-

Nice introduction, and welcome to the this forum!
    I love the Fuji gear and currently own the XE-1 (use adapted lenses), I am hoping one day to make the switch to Fuji for our photography business!

4. Parptarf

Parptarf New Member

-Return to Top-

That feeling when you have a brand new X-T2 waiting for you at work. The perks of working in a camera store.

[​IMG]

Now I just have to sell my Nikon stuff. God it sucks seeing my 50mm and 24-70mm up for sale.

5. Max Fstop

Max Fstop Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Welcome to the forum, excellent intro :)

6. Parptarf

Parptarf New Member

-Return to Top-

Been using my X-T2 and the 35 f/1.4 for a few days now. Other than the terrible batterylife(which I was prepeared for) I love this thing to death.

Even the EVF is brilliant. It's so insanely much better than the one on the A7II. I thought losing the OVF would be an issue, but I was wrong.

And that lens, that glass. Holy **** it's nice.

7. Snodge

Snodge New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi Parptarf, I'm new here too! I just thought I'd mention that with my X-T10, when I have taken a shot, I turn it off (unless I know I'm going to take another in the next minute). I've managed to shoot all day doing that and not looking at the images until I've got home!

8. Parptarf

Parptarf New Member

-Return to Top-

Been playing with the X-T2 and the 35mm f/1.4 I decided to start with. What a camera this is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

johant likes this.
  9. johant

johant Premium Member

-Return to Top-

#3 for me!