This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

hiya from bronx, new york!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by robfilms, Jul 27, 2017.

1. robfilms

robfilms New Member

-Return to Top-

hiya from the boro of the bronx in new york city ;-)

i presently shoot m43 with a panasonic g7.

i picked up the g7, in part, because it does quality 4k video.

i was also very attracted to the diminutive size of the m43 body and lenses.

i do mostly video work, it is my bread and butter.

but i have started to use my stills work to augment the motion.

(i know it is usually still photographers picking up motion but not me!)

i have always shot stills.

pre-digital: it was pentax and olympus.

digital: i stayed with pentax and migrated to sony.

though i liked the sony aps-c chip, i really did not like the ergonomics or color science.

eventually, i heard about the fuji jpeg buzz, the fuji film simulation and the ergos that the camera bodies offered.

so now, i'm looking for a reasonably priced entry point: maybe a used x100t or used xt-1?

i usually shoot portraits and urban landscapes (which is not the same as street photography).

so there you have my background.

i look forward to reading and lurking on the fuji x forum.

be well.

rob

2. Pedro1948

Pedro1948 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Hi Rob, from across the Pond! Welcome to Fuji and this friendly forum. If you require any help, there are loads of very knowledgeable people on here.

Depending on what you want to spend, I would suggest the xt1, and if buying new, bundled with the 18-55 kit lens. Whilst it is described as a kit lens, there are a lot of comments out there stating that it is far superior to what is normally provided by others. Also, depending upon what focal length you prefer, you might consider one of the three new f2 primes. These are WR, and would match the xt1 nicely.

Whatever you decide, go and enjoy, your new journey is just beginning! I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers, Peter

3. Max Fstop

Max Fstop Active Member

-Return to Top-

Hi there Rob :)

4. Snodge

Snodge New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi Rob, welcome aboard! I was thinking that if you want to be able to use different lenses, then you'd need to use the X-T1, as the X100T has a fixed lens. That being said, the advantage of the X100T is that as it has a leaf shutter, you can have a flash sync speed up to 1/2000 sec, which may be a consideration with your portraits. The X100T is also smaller and lighter overall, but I don't think you'll go wrong with either to be honest.