This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

How to setup HSS (High speed sync) with a combo: Godox X1TF & TT600

Discussion in 'Fuji X Flash and Artificial Lighting (LED, etc.)' started by toiyeumetre, Jul 27, 2017.

1. toiyeumetre

toiyeumetre New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi all,

I owned Godox TT600 for a while and just received the new hot trigger Godox X1TF to accompany my Fujifilm X-T2. Everything e.g. TTL works perfectly except the HSS. I have tried to setup the HSS but in vain.
    Do you know how to setup the HSS with this combo? Detail instruction is highly appreciated.

P/S: i have tried to turn on FP Sync on X-T2 and HSS on TT600, but it didn't trigger the flash if I shot faster than 1/250s.

2. visorvet

visorvet Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I wouldn't have thought TTL or HSS would work with the TT600 - thought it was a manual-only flash. But perhaps I'm deluded about all of this and the new transmitter bestows all those powers!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    toiyeumetre likes this.
  3. elisha.jesudason

elisha.jesudason Member

-Return to Top-

Yeah are you sure TTL works? It shouldn't.

4. toiyeumetre

toiyeumetre New Member

-Return to Top-

Maybe you are right. TTL not works as I thought. How about HSS?

5. inkista

inkista Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Flash Havoc is reporting that Fuji HSS with the X1T-F and TT350-F doesn't work with the following gear:
    • AD360 I + XTR16 receiver
    • TT600
    • V850 II
    The first one isn't on the compatibility list, so isn't a huge shocker. But the latter two are. And worse than that, all three of these lights do not have firmware upgrade capability, so whether or not it can be fixed is in question. We're all waiting to see whether Godox issues firmware updates for the X1T-F/TT350-F to fix the issue. It may not be possible.

This issue is (mostly) only for Fuji shooters. HSS works with all three of these lights on the Canon/Nikon/Sony versions of the X1T and TT350. And the TT600/V85oII do HSS with the MFT (-O) versions of the X1T/TT350; but the AD360+XTR16 doesn't.

toiyeumetre likes this.
  6. mikegee

mikegee Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If a flash is not one the new models made for Fuji TT350-F etc; you will need to do a firmware upgrade Please login or register to view links from the Godox website. If the flash is not listed as having a June firmware update it will not do off camera HSS (V850 & V850II) with Fuji. I have the AD360I it will not do HSS with Fuji (i'm not happy about this) that's it case closed.

7. toiyeumetre

toiyeumetre New Member

-Return to Top-

Thakks Mikegee and inkista for your clear explanation. It seems I have to invest more money to have HSS worked for me

8. BoomeArt

BoomeArt Member

-Return to Top-

I recorded a short video describing how I could make mork TT600 and AD360 mark I in HSS mode

And as I got a lot of messages in Godox Facebook group, forums and private messages where people say that they didn't get HSS, I will record more detailed video today and post the link.

9. BoomeArt

BoomeArt Member

-Return to Top-

Well, I promised - I did. Here is a little extended video with my settings of X1T-F and TT600 with AD360 mark I

mikegee and toiyeumetre like this.
  10. toiyeumetre

toiyeumetre New Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks much BoomeArt, I will try with my gear

11. BoomeArt

BoomeArt Member

-Return to Top-

don't be so optimistic, because in Godox Facebook group some people still can't get HSS and I am lost in guess :confused:

12. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

I think there may be differences between the Flashpoint and Godox AD360mki models.
    I think that Godox will need to issue an firmware update to the X1T-F to address some of these issues with HSS.

13. BoomeArt

BoomeArt Member

-Return to Top-

Personally I have Flashpoint Streaklite 360 Ws (which is equal to Godox AD360 mark I), Godox TT600 and Godox X1T-F. And all my staff works fine in HSS mode with Fuji X-T1.

14. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

OK I have done a full retest.
    I found out what the problem was! Somebody who used my stuff last, had changed the DIP switches on the controllers. This explains why it was not working when I tested earlier.

OK all settings as suggested by BoomeArt are implemented and tested. Working!

I have HSS on my X-T2 using .........
    either my Cactus v6 mkii units with the Godox AD360mki

or more usefully with the X1T-F with the XF16 and XF16R (433MHz) triggers up to 1/8000th

or the XT32 and XT16R (2.4MHz) up to 1/1000th

or with the XT16 and XT16R (2.4MHz) up to 1/500th.

So if you have the AD360mki use the older XF16 and XF16R (433MHz) triggers for best HSS speed.

Finally I have HSS on my Fuji cameras in the same way as I have for my Nikons.
    Thanks to all who have helped and contributed.

15. jkis

jkis New Member

-Return to Top-

Thank you BoomeArt and JKnights!!!

After almost giving up! Finally I can shoot HSS with my Fujifilm X-T1 and my Godox AD360 (fist version, manual flash).

I don't use TTL, but I just bought the new X1T-f because I thought I just put on my X-T1 and I have HSS. But I wasn't!

And thanks to BoomeArt Youtube videos and the las JKnight I realized that I have to use it with the older FT-16 transmitter! Fortunately I didn't threw away.

Again, Thank you sooooooooo much guys!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    BoomeArt likes this.
  16. inkista

inkista Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Actually, you don't need the 433 MHz triggers any more. Godox upgraded the firmware of the X1T-F so it can do HSS with the XTR16 receivers.
    1. Have an XTR16 receiver (4.2GHz) for the AD360.
    2. Make sure your X-T1's firmware is up to date and it can do HSS.
    3. Make sure you X1T-F transmitter is updated to Please login or register to view links. You will need Windows, a micro USB cable, and the G2 software from the Godox website, as well as the v03 firmware download. The PDF files in the downloaded .rar archives have instructions on how to do everything.
    4. Make sure you have the X1T-F's new C.Fn-11 set to 01 (02 should work as well)
    5. Turn HSS on on the AD360.
    Then the X1T-F should be able to directly communicate with the XTR16 on an AD360 (Mark I) and get HSS.