This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I have a problem.....

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Vick, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Vick

Vick New Member

-Return to Top-

It started 2 years ago, I was looking for a small walk around camera. As a amateur/semi pro photographer I was tired of carrying around my 5D and the glass (wide medium tele ) for vacation, casual walks well just about everything. I wanted something with interchangeable lenses with descent images. I didnt want to spend the money on a pro 1 because i wasn't sure i would like it. I did however buy a XE2 used and a used 18-55 for cheap.
    Now i'm not going to lie when I got the camera I was not to happy, the menu was confusing as all hell, my fat fingers hit buttons that i didn't want, the manual is so small i need glasses to read it and it was tough to undo things I inadvertently set. SO I took a xanax, did some breathing exercises and un canoned my mind and went out into the day with camera in hand..............the rest is history. All i can say is wow wow wow, the image quality, wow, well everything wow except fast tracking, i like to photograph airshows and evf doesn't refresh fast enough...Buuuttt since then I have 3 primes and 2 teles and this camera never ceases to amaze me. Yes I now have a problem, IM HOOKED an I just ordered a X-T2....I may need counseling.

Help?

Stephen_B and liggy like this.
  2. liggy

liggy GASaholic Camera Fondler

-Return to Top-

Welcome to the land of the afflicted. :)

3. runswithsizzers

runswithsizzers Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Welcome to the forum! I also, am a recent convert. Change is never easy, but ...

Is the firmware on your XE2 up-to-date? Should be 4.0.1.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  4. Vick

Vick New Member

-Return to Top-

Yes it is, since then it behaves a lot better...:) I still have issues with high speed panning shots.

5. David Schneider

David Schneider Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Latest manuals are always available on-line....... and you can blow them up on your computer screen if you can't find your glasses. Or watching one of the many YouTube videos on your camera can also help if you have reading problems. lol

And hopefully we'll see an XE3 in the not too distant future so save up some money.

6. HartPonder

HartPonder Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I attend a weekly Fujifilm 12 step program, has helped a little.

Vick likes this.
  7. pandoraefretum

pandoraefretum Premium Member

-Return to Top-

you honestly say fujifilm x series gives you more buzz than 5D ?

8. Vick

Vick New Member

-Return to Top-

I have more fun with the X, can't fit the 5d in my pocket to sneek into venues ;)

9. Vick

Vick New Member

-Return to Top-

Just spent my tax refund money on a X-T2, however my XE2 will always be with me

David Schneider likes this.
  10. beakhammer

beakhammer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Fuji image quality is excellent, but it isn't better than the other top digital cameras. What I often feel is that my Fuji cameras are so much easier to shoot with that this results in my bagging more really good images. In this sense Fuji is designing cameras that maximize the advantages of a smaller sensor in terms of handling and user-interface, in the same way that the best 35mm cameras of the mid twentieth century were designed to outperform the medium format cameras of the day in terms of handling and convenience, rather than in terms of ultimate image quality. The small size of camera and lenses plays a large role in this.